Expulsion

"Okay, first day of school, gotta make good first impressions." I stare at myself in the mirror. My reflection stares back at me, dressed in the U.A. uniform, which is a dark green pleated skirt that comes down to mid thigh, a white dress shirt with a light grey jacket with dark green details, and a red tie. I had to look up a video on how to tie a tie since I've never had to wear one before.

I grab my bag with all my supplies in it and walk to the front door, grabbing my phone and slipping my feet into black dress shoes. Kendo said she'd walk with me to school for the first day. She should show up soon, since my house is on the way to U.A. from hers.

I hear a knock at the door and I stand up abruptly. "Hey!" I say to my friend after opening the door. Her red hair is pulled back into a pony tail on the left side of her head and she greets me with kind eyes.

"Let's hurry, I don't want to be late." She starts to walk down the road and I hurriedly lock up my house and chase after her.

~ Time Skip ~

"Okay, I'm going to my classroom now. Bye (y/n)!" My friend waves as she walks off. I wave back, and then turn back to the large door in front of me. Elites stand beyond the door, since this is the highest level class. I wonder what they'll think about someone Quirkless being in their class.

Suddenly I'm more nervous than before. I hesitate to open the door.

No, (y/n), you deserve to be here. Right, I took down all those robots with my own mind and body, without needing some stupid Quirk. I earned my place here, I deserve to walk through this door and sit among everyone else. And with my head held high, I open the door and enter my class.

People glance at me, but no one stares. Right, they don't know I'm Quirkless. Usually I get stares from people since I'm so proud but have no powers. I was bullied when I was younger, but once I started fighting back and proving my strength they left me alone.

I take my seat and wait for the teacher to walk in. But he doesn't end up walking in; he actually rolls into the classroom, startling everyone. Well, this year will be interesting, I think to myself.

"We will be having a Quirk Apprehension test outside, change into your P.E. uniforms and meet me outside," he says in a bored tone.

Quirk apprehension test? How am I supposed to even do this without a Quirk? Well, I guess I'll see.

~ Time Skip ~

"...and whoever's in last will be expelled," our teacher finishes.

Fuck, I think to myself. It's obvious that the Quirkless one will lose by far. But I'm still going to try, he can't expel me if I show off how far my hard work has gotten me. I'll show him how much I want this.

Our teacher, Aizawa, calls up a kid to demonstrate. Oh shit that's my neighbor, Bakugo. I cringe and try to hide my face. On his way back to the crowd from demonstrating, he notices me.

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" he practically screams at me, glaring. "How did a weakling like you get into U.A.?"

"Hard work, just like the rest of you," I reply, glaring back at him. Bakugo bullied me a lot when we were younger, but I switched schools to avoid him since I couldn't overpower him like I could the others. I hate his guts.

"Please, you probably fucking cheated to get in," he scoffs and turns away.

"Excuse me?!" I storm up to him and reach out to grab his shoulder.

"That's enough," I hear and turn my head to my left to see grey scarves coming at me. My instincts kick in and I move in front of Bakugo to lead the scarves to him, then duck down as they wrap around the explosive boy. I grab the scarves with a death grip and glare at the offender, ready to pull him off his feet and to the ground.

I realize it's our teacher that spoke, and I release the scarves and step back. His eyes are glowing red and staring at me hard.

"Eraser head!" I hear someone yell out, and recognize the pro hero's name. Ah, he's trying to erase my Quirk.

"Sorry, your Quirk doesn't work against me," I grin. "I'm Quirkless." Now the stares I'm used to come. I can tell Aizawa is thinking 'how did she dodge my scarves'. The Quirkless are supposed to be weak, right? Because the only way to get stronger is to train your Quirk.

I'm glad to have caught our teacher off guard. Maybe now he'll see that to get here I put in lots of hard work, and I'm determined to show my potential with this test.

~ Time Skip ~

"I knew I'd be in last." I tried my hardest at every challenge, but it's never enough. But he can't expel me, right?

"(L/n), your expelled."

Just as I was starting to get my hopes up... "No," I refuse suddenly. "I'm not leaving. I earned my place here, and you have no right to expel me just because I failed one stupid test."

"You'll just get yourself killed fighting a villain without a Quirk."

Once again discriminated against because I'm Quirkless. "Then fight me. If I win I get to stay, if you win then I'll do whatever you say."

Everyone starts whispering about someone who's Quirkless can't take on a pro.

"Your Quirk is useless against me anyway, so it's basically a normal fight. And yes, you can use your scarves. I'll still win though." He has experience fighting people while their Quirks are erased, but the one thing that separates us is that I won't be flustered and weak without my Quirk because I never had one in the first place.

"To think you could beat a pro hero... I don't want someone like that in my class. But if you truly refuse to leave, then I'll just win and force you to leave." Aizawa prepares himself as well as the other students watch us begin our battle.

Author's Note: Will you actually be able to beat a pro hero? Or will you suffer utter defeat? Find out tomorrow in the next chapter!