Fùck you.

His response came quickly that I figured he expected my response:

Where r u?

Snorting at his response I repeated my earlier response before tucking my phone back into my bag as it buzzed again. The driver sent a curious glance my way as I ignored the buzzing. When the buzzing stopped I felt disappointed that he was giving up so easily when my phone began to ring, glancing at the screen I shoved it back into my bag when I spotted Wes's name.

The driver howled with laughter earning a questioning gaze from me "Nothing like a woman's wrath to break a man's pride." he said with a grin in my direction

Quicker than I anticipated I arrived home and I couldn't be happier, paying the cabbie I rushed upstairs hoping I had been Wes back. I've had enough of the ass for one night, I thought as I stepped into the dark room. I didn't bother switching any lights on as I stripped off my wet clothes and slipped into a worn college shirt. Too exhausted to think of anything else I dived under the covers as my phone rang, ignoring the annoying sound I turned to my side as the heavy pitter patter of the rain hitting the windowed lulled me to sleep.

Sneezing for the umpteenth time today I mentally cursed myself for being careless enough to walk in the rain. Waking up this morning I felt as if my head was going to explode, my eyes ached from my small cry fest, my body ached in as if iI had ran back home, to summarize it up I feel like I was run over by a Mac truck.

"Amy!" I shouted wincing as my head throbbed

In seconds the plump woman scurried into the room "Yes, Ms. Sparks?"

Reaching for the aspirin in my desk I looked up for a bottle of water "Send someone else for my meeting with Donna later and double check on the reservations for the book signing tomorrow."

Downing two pills I chased them down with a generous amount of water, since my early rise this morning I've downed more aspirin than I'd care to admit, nothing working in chasing the pounding in my head. Rubbing my temples in attempt to lessen the pounding I noticed Amy still standing in front of me. Raising a curious brow I could have sworn she smiled, a small curve of her thin thins twitch upwards.

"There's someone here to see you."

"Send them away." I ordered dismissively, not in any mood for company

"He says it's urgent."

Sighing in frustration at the unexpected visit I nodded, if I couldn't handle it I'll just ask to postpone this 'urgent' matter. I leaned back into the chair, my eyelids weighing down with sleep and I was just about to submit to my exhaustion when a knock on my door caused me to snap my eyes open.

"Sleepin' on the job, K?"

Propping my elbows on my desk I stood up as Aaron made his way further into the room, the smile on his face flattering as he took in my appearance.

"You look like crap."

"I feel like it too." I grumbled as I walked around the desk immediately feeling Aaron's long arms coming around me.

Sighing against his chest I felt a familiar warm tingle as his hands tightened around me, his strong cologne invading my nostrils. It wasn't like Wes's musky, manly scent that seemed so natural; Aaron's scent was pure expensive, bottled cologne. I frowned at the thought of Wes, I've tried keeping him out of my thoughts and out of nowhere he enters my mind.

"What's wrong babe?" he asked when I nuzzled my face into his silky dress shirt, as if I could seek refugee from thinking of Wes there.

"What isn't? I laughed humorlessly