5: CALL OF THE HEART

What if my life was not like this? What if I followed Dad? What if I didn't do what Mom told me to follow my heart and passion?

What if?

Hah! Too many what ifs. Too many bullshits. Ganito ba talaga kapag nasa shower, bigla ka na lang magkakaroon ng mga realisations sa buhay mo na hindi mo naman iniisip noon? Hahaha! Funny, isn't it?

Masaya naman siguro ako if I followed Dad to go to medical school and be like him, but I didn't do that because I don't have that passion. I don't have that drive.

Wala eh. I want to be the March Daniels that I am now.I want to be hugged and watched into. I want to be the one signing every person's shirt or books (or boobs). I'm enjoying every gig and every moment with our band's fans.

I want this so badly and I will never ever replace this feeling over anything else, kahit pa ang feeling ng pagka-inlove.

Love will ruin everything.

I went off the shower and nearly died when I saw Mom standing infront of me, hands on waist and frowning.

" Good Lord!! MOM! Are you bloody kidding me? You scared the shit out of me!", muntik nang matanggal sa waist ko yung tuwalya. Water was still dripping from my hair down to my shoulders.

" Namamayat ka na. Have you been seriously eating these past few days? Hindi ba kayo nagsastop over to have some food to eat? Oh March.."

" Mom, stop worrying. You've been worrying too much about me and Rocky Road. We're all good. Madami lang talagang mga gigs these past few days." I said while dressing up. She sat on the side of my bed and smiled at me.

" You've been growing too fast, baby. Wala ka bang balak magsettle down?"

Napatigil ako at napatingin sa kanya. I burst out laughing while looking at her, she even looked so serious about it! " MOM! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING? I'M JUST TWENTY ONE!"

" Well, have you thought about marriage?"

" No!"

"Fine, fine. No pressure, March! I was just thinking about your future. I know how much you love this stuff, this band and all the gigs and fame. Pero anak, mas maganda if you continued that medical degree that Dad was talking about."

"No."

"Think about it, you have that deep passion about helping people out."

"Mom, can we please change the topic? Dad can do whatever the shit he wants, he can suck up that medical school to himself. I don't bloody care." I looked at her and tried to pull out my bag and packed some things in it.

" Dad wants the best for you, anak."

" He's not even here!! Mom, he's always in another country doing some shitty conference or in another hospital or school, helping out dumb and shitty med students who didn't have that enough passion for people and science! I fucking hate it!" I dumped all of other stuff and zipped my bag. " I want fresh air!"

" Where are you going now?" Her phone began to ring, she lift it up and showed me.

Dwayne calling..

" Somewhere away from Dad." I put my bag on my right shoulder and kissed her on the forehead. " I love you, Mom."

" When will I see you again? ", she turned her side and kissed me heaps on the cheeks and forehead.

" After a week,maybe. Next would be Escape."

" Escape? Wow. Good luck, baby." She seemed a bit off now. How messed up, Mom. Kanina ang saya-saya niya and enthusiastic.What's with Escape? That was just an ordinary bar ah.

I was about to enter Smith's house when Ralph pulled my bag from my shoulder and scared the hell outta me by screaming in my left ear.

" IKAW NA LANG KULANG,DUDE!!NASUGBU HERE WE GOOOOO!!!", then pulled me towards his good ol' red Mustang.