Chapter 11: Deep Sleep

Começar do início

"Hello, good evening. This is Sina Medical Hospital, is this Levi?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

"We saw your contact number in a certain patient that is rushed here from the plane crash, her name is (Y/n, L/n) from Trost Airline's P154 an-"

"I'm coming."

I hanged up. My heart aches.

"What happend?" Hanji sat beside me.

I shut my eyes close. My heart races fast.

What if something happend to her?!

"Tch. (Y/n)'s in the hospital. I don't know what's her condition since I didn't let that damn speaker finish. Let's go."

We rushed through the hospital. The three of us worried about her.

Of course, when we reached the hospital, many people were staring at us. Being a popular band isn't that easy. But right now it's not the time to deal with people.

We reached the nurse's table. When their sight landed on us, it was pure shock, but later, they set it aside.

"What can we help, sir?"

"Where's the room of (Y/n). (Y/n, L/n)?"

My hands were cold.

"5th floor, room 107, sir."

As soon as I heard where she's located, I run into the elevator. Luckily, Eyebrows and Four-eyes catched up.

We reached the fifth floor and I barged into the room only to see a doctor and some nurses observing and checking her.

My eyes widened.

She had deep wounds. Her head had bandages that absorbed plenty of her blood. She was laying unconscious in the bed.

"Oh, Mr. Ackerman, right?" Asked the doctor. "Ms. Zoe and Mr. Smith."

We nodded.

"I never thought that a certain patient's companions were popular personalities. Anyway, may I know what is your relationship with the patient?"

"We're her close friends. And Levi being her neighbor." Hanji stated. "No one's responsible inside her residence rather than us."

The doctor nodded. But the nurses seemed starstrucked.

"The nurses called a number and thought it was someone that may take responsibility for the patient such a family, and we never thought it was you..."

I glanced at her. She was being supported with a heart rate device that kept on beeping to if she still had pulse. Luckily, she had. But judged by her appearance, she's in a fatal condition.

"Tch, just get on the damn point. How was her?"

I'm fucking nervous to hear whatever the damn physician will report to us.

The doctor's expression turned.serious. "She isn't in a good condition. Her head had a minor damage and she might suffer with several headaches when she woke up. We already removed the blood clot in her head so she's safe at least...
But, we weren't sure when (y/n) is going to wake up...

She's currently comatose."

My heart almost skipped a beat.

Why...?

Why do she have to be like that?

She doesn't deserve this.

Dipshit.

I don't want to lose her...

"We'll observe her until she gets better... we have to-...
I mean she has to be strong and wake up... 
We will leave for now, excuse us."

Then they left, leaving Hanji and Erwin with me. I punched the wall beside me.

"Tch!" I can't hold it anymore.

I broke down.

She's currently comatose.

I bursted with tears that I kept holding for long. I was leaning on the wall while being silent, with tears streming down my face, while my head hanging and silently letting out my emotions.

I could've told her...

"Levi. Everything will be fine." Hanji said.

"Tch." I wiped my tears away.

This isn't like me. I'm not usually like this. Hanji and Erwin were the only people who had seen me cried before. Even if shitty-glasses is always being eccentric crazy-woman, I know at least I can trust her. As well as eyebrows.

"We just have to hope and pray for her to be strong. We all know she will fight... and we know she had someone waiting for her when (y/n) woke up." Erwin said.

I sighed, my voice is not in a good condition to speak. Seeing her like that, laying in a bed makes me more aggressive.

Whoever did this to her shall pay.

"What if- what if she didn't wake up?" I suddenly asked out of paranoia.

"No! No way she would do that!" Yelled Hanji. "She will wake up. Let's just hope for the best."

"Yes, Hanji's right. And stop being so negative, Levi. (Y/n) will do wake up." Erwin encouraged.

"Fine..."

Why did I even told her she wasn't important if I was completely shattered that she was in life and death situation?!

I know... she's struggling with life over death.

Hoping she won't give up and chooses to live so I can tell her...

Tell her how I feel.

And I will wait until she woke up.

Still convincing myself that she was in a deep sleep...

Dreaming about how we used to be...

"I missed your voice." I whispered to her ear.