CDR BK11

Book 11, Necropolis of the Gods – Chapter 1: Founding of an Empire

Beirut!

Linley and Bebe exchanged a glance. Linley still remembered how Bebe had told him that not long after he was born, when he still hadn't been able to open his eyes, a very warm, intimate voice had told to him...he was of the Beirut clan.

"Lord Beirut?" Bebe spoke. "Fine. I'll go with you."

Linley looked at Bebe. Bebe's normally adorable eyes were now very solemn, and held within them a hint...of excitement! Bebe had never known anything about his parentage, and when he had been able to open his eyes, he hadn't found any rat-type magical beasts nearby.

Bebe had always wondered if that warm, intimate voice had been his mother's.

Unfortunately, Bebe had never seen her. The only clue he had was those three syllables; 'Bei-Lu-Te', Beirut.

The Violet-Gold Rat King, Harry, laughed. "Don't be like this. My lord father has invited Bebe to go over to meet him. It definitely isn't for any bad reasons." As he spoke, he looked at Bebe. "Bebe, let's go." The other two Violet-Gold Rat Kings also looked at Bebe.

Bebe immediately flew into the air.

"This trip of Bebe's to the Forest of Darkness will take a bit of time, most likely. Don't be in too much of a rush." The third of the Violet-Gold Rat Kings, Harvey, said.

Linley nodded, then said to Bebe, "Bebe, if anything major happens, immediately let me know." Linley and Bebe could speak at a very long distance through their spiritual connection. Generally speaking, while Bebe was in the Forest of Darkness, he could still spiritually communicate with Linley.

"Got it, Boss." Bebe cracked a smile.

Linley smiled encouragingly back at him.

The mystery of his parentage was something that had weighed on Bebe's mind his entire life. Now that he had a chance of solving it, Bebe wouldn't hesitate at all.

.....

Plumes of snow circled down onto the earth. The discussion in the royal palace was extremely animated.

"So the mysterious King of the Forest of Darkness is named Lord Beirut." Rebecca held her hands over her heart, breathing excitedly. The five ultimate powers of the Yulan continent, the five Deities, were indeed figures of awe. The power of Deities was far greater than that of the Saints.

For example, Stehle hadn't been able to resist even a finger-flick from Cesar.

"Father." Taylor's pure eyes were filled with energy as he looked at Linley. "Is that Beirut really powerful? Even more powerful than you, Father?"

Linley and Wharton both laughed.

In the eyes of his children, Linley was invincible.

"Lord Beirut..." Linley looked towards the north, as though seeing that expert who stood atop the entire Yulan continent from within his lair in the Forest of Darkness. "According to what those three Violet-Gold Rat Kings said, Lord Beirut is most likely the most terrifyingly powerful Deity in the Yulan continent."

Linley patted Taylor's head and said lovingly, "Taylor, your father doesn't have the strength to challenge him yet."

"Then Father will definitely surpass him in the future." Taylor spoke with absolute certainty. "My father is the greatest genius in the Yulan continent, and the most powerful Dragonblood Warrior in history."

"Haha..." Linley didn't respond. He only laughed.

Linley looked at Wharton, then instructed, "Wharton, tomorrow, I plan to go to the private underground room and begin training. The founding of the Baruch Empire, I won't get involved in." The so-called private underground room was the pocket dimensional room in the core of the magicite mines.