CDR BK7

Book 7, Heaven and Earth Turned Upside Down – Chapter 1, A Hope of Living

Upon hearing the words, "What a waste of a genius", Clayde exulted mentally.

He already knew what the Holy Emperor's choice was.

"You can leave now." Heidens waved his arm and said calmly.

"Yes, Your Holiness." Clayde bowed respectfully, then turned and left the top floor of the Radiant Temple. In the entire hall, only Holy Emperor Heidens now remained. Walking to a window, Heidens stared down at the city of Fenlai, maintaining a long silence.

After a long time...

"Knock!" "Knock!" "Knock!" The sound of knocking on the door.

"Enter." Heidens said calmly.

The person who entered was Cardinal Guillermo. Guillermo glanced at Heidens's back. Able to sense that Heidens was in a foul mood, he respectfully lowered his voice. "Your Holiness, how should we attempt to persuade Linley?"

"Persuade? No need." Heidens said calmly.

Guillermo couldn't help but raise his head to stare at Heidens in astonishment. If they wanted Linley to be of use to them in the future, at the very least they would have to speak with him and persuade him. After all, not only had Heidens severely injured Linley, Linley had a deep grudge against Clayde to begin with.

"Guillermo, do you know who Linley's mother was?" Heidens turned his head to stare at Guillermo. Guillermo was startled. Curiously, he said, "Linley's mother? Didn't she die while giving birth to Linley's younger brother?"

"No."

Heidens shook his head. "When you investigated Linley's background and information regarding his mother, you weren't able to uncover the truth. Linley's mother was actually that woman we acquired twelve years ago."

That woman from twelve years ago!

Guillermo instantly remembered, because that woman had had a huge impact on the upper levels of the Radiant Church.

"But if we've already killed his mother, then..." Guillermo instantly understood why the Holy Emperor was now in such a foul mood.

A genius such as Linley was extremely enticing. But in the future, once Linley discovered the truth about his mother, he would be a huge threat to the Radiant Church.

"Guillermo. The 28th of this month will be the day when the glorious aura of the Radiant Sovereign will be the strongest, is it not?" Heidens said suddenly.

"Yes." Guillermo was somewhat perplexed by Heidens raising this question.

"Make the preparations. That night, I intend to beg the Radiant Sovereign for a divine boon." Heidens said calmly.

"Divine boon?" Guillermo was greatly shocked, but then he quickly understood Heidens's plan. He secretly sighed to himself, "The Holy Emperor is most likely requesting this divine boon on behalf of Linley. Although this will limit Linley's future potential, given his talent, he will still be an incredible figure. Only, what a waste of his talent."

A Divine Boon was in reality a manifestation of the divine power of the Radiant Sovereign in the material world.

The Radiant Sovereign, as a Sovereign, one of the most powerful entities in existence, could extend a thread of his divine, faith-based power to totally cleanse a person's soul, causing them to be wholly devoted and faithful to the Radiant Sovereign. Only a person who had already reached the Saint-level and was able to crystalize his soul would be able to resist the effects of this Divine Baptism.