Chapter 22

This lunch we joined Malia to her table because we had a free period. Something's wrong with her. I've been noticing it for awhile but now it seems worse. She's sitting there quietly, not that she's a talker, but the only she only gave us a brief hello and asked why we were there. As her recent usual she's drinking coffee and dressed to heavily for the first days of October.

"Malia isn't that the forth cup of coffee you drink"

I ask her worried taking a bite on my salad.

Beside me Althea's eye widen at Malia incredulous.

"You drank four cups of coffee? Are you out of your mind. That's so unhealthy"

She says looking at Malia who seems in the clouds.

It's starting to be a too often thing, she never zoned out, before she was always in alert and she never drank so much coffee usually it was just twice a day.

"Earth to Malia"

I say waving a hand in her face.

"Umm what? Oh. No it's my fifth one"

She says sipping on her fifth coffee.

Suddenly a tall coffee skin, how ironic, not too muscular guy comes standing in front of our table. He has brown eyes who fades into green around the pupil framed by long eyelashes. He has a few dimples around his nose and Black curly hair with brown highlights.

"Good evening- he greets politely-Malia can I talk to you. In private"

Well well finally some action for Malia. At those words a cheeky little smile forms on my face same on Althea's.

"Sorry but who are you?"

Malia bluntly admits not knowing the guy when it's pretty obvious that he does.

"Reyes, Reyes Kaeli from English class always sitting in the front"

He explain himself he really seems sweet and smart. Very boyfriend material. Her mouth forms a knowing O. She probably remembers him now.

"Do you mind talking here? We were kind of doing something?"

She lies ignoring our frowns.

"Oh ok! Well I wanted to ask you, not only because you are a beautiful girl but from the few times I saw you seem very funny to be around..."

"Oh she definitely is- I say cutting him off causing both of them to look at me making me blush embarassed and lower my head - Sorry go on"

"I was saying you're beautiful and funny and I'd like to know more about you, so I'm asking you would you like to go on a date with me?"

He finally asks making me and Al let out a girly scream. Let's hope she doesn't rejectes him like the other guys. He seems very nice.

"No"

She shortly says leaving the three of us astonished. She's never been so blunt. Ok maybe she has but she always tried to sugar coat a little, when I say little it's very little.

"Oh. I'm sorry if it upsetted you but may I ask why?"

Reyes says shocked.

"Because no means no. And I don't wanna date. Why can't everyone stop harassing me. Maybe I should write it on my fucking forehead so you're finally gonna get it"