Chapter 25

Things are finally good, well kinda.
Telling all my worries helped. Now I'm not so anxious anymore. My nightmare about Stiles stopped but those about my family keep coming every day now and then. I sleep better but my addiction to coffee is still there even if I'm trying to stop. Al and Kira stopped teasing me about my potential boyfriends, well something they still can't control it, mostly when it comes to Max. They keep telling how good looking, kind and sweet but, every time I reply with "yes he's a really good friend", we are only friends I said that and he did too.
Things with Max are okay. I apologized to him, when he brought me back my car, for how I acted a week ago, but he didn't accept it because he thought it was his fault. Despite that we've grown pretty close. Sometimes we hangout, not school related, just because we like each other's company. He brought me to the center of National City and showed me the best places and where he hangs out with his friends. But this evening it's only maths.

I'm a little early, only thirty minutes, but surely there's someone in the house. I get down from my car, walk to the door and knock. After less than a few minutes the door opens to reveal a surprised Teagan.

"Hey Malia, what are you doing here?"

He says leaning in the doorway not making me enter.

"Study date with Max"

I say, then taking a sip from my coffee, watching him strained. Why is he acting like this?

"Oh! Max is... somewhere... umm... in the house... or outside... sleeping?"

I can clearly tell he's lying even without listening to his heartbeat.

"Well if he's really sleeping where've he is, I'll go wake him up"

I say getting on my tips to look past his tall figure.

"No- he shouts stopping me in my tracks -You can't he is very tired and sleep deprived... and he has a fever"

He runs up to me and starts pushing me towards the door.

"You should probably go home, I'll tell him you came by"

'Come on. Don't be a pussy Richard'
'Oh! Shut up Max'
Sleeping uh.

"He doesn't seem asleep to me"

I say pointing the cup at the source of the sound. I sidestep him and speed walk away leaving him behind trying to stop me.

I arrive at the basement door and, hear grunts and groans, I open the door and see Max and a werewolf's back. The latter hits Max and makes him stumble backwards. Before I can relies, I drop the coffee, I shift and knock out the werewolf and tackle him down growling at him. Suddenly I'm pulled back from the shoulders by Max, he blocks me to on the opposite wall and growls in my face showing me his golden yellow eyes.

What Max's a werewolf?
How could I never tell?

"Malia"

He whispers, turning back to his human face, so close I can see my reflection in his glowing eyes and feel his hot frantic breaths coming from his plum limps.

My features soften and go back to normal but my eyes still glowing their icy blue color.
We just stare a each other eyes shocked, and slowly our eyes turn back to their natural color, my chocolate brown and his emerald green, with a knockout Richard in the back.

"Max! Rik! Malia's here- says Teagan barging through the door -What the hell happened down here?"

I blink a couple times and I shift my gaze from Max's face, to Richard laying on the floor, to the confused Teagan. Max eyes flicker to my lips before he stands up and offers me a hand, that I gladly accept forgetting about it. I probably imagined it.
He smiles unsurely at me and turns around to pick up Richard with Teagan's help. I quietly follow them into the living room where they place the knock out boy on the couch with some ice on his nose. After a little time we hear a groan followed by a curse. We gather around him and see that he's up.