Steve and Tony: The Budding Bromance: Not

Start from the beginning

"I'm trying to... What do you call it? That's an olive branch." He sat. "Is that what you call it?"

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." Steve asked looking around.

"We're kinda...Well not kinda..."

"Pregnant?" Steve guessed.

"No. Definitely not." Tony shook his head."We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault."

I laughed. Tony looked at me. "What's so funny?"

"I didn't know it was my fault. Or Andrew's fault." I laughed harder.

After this last month I've been able to day his name more often.

"Andrew?" Right I never told them his name.

"My fiance." I looked down.

Turning back to Tony, Steve responded to his earlier statement. "I'm so sorry, Tony. I don't know."

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashes all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA...and then Ultron. My fault." He pointed at himself.

"And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop." He paused. "I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." Tony turned his chair and stood.

"In her defense, I'm a handful." He smiled and walked over to a clear wall. "Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work."

Wow. Me and Tony have a somewhat similar experience.

Percy!

Sorry Dad. But in my defense I thought you left Mom for no good reason. Not that you were trying to protect me. Even though that didn't work out too well. I didn't mean for him to hear that last part.

Someday you and I are going to sit down and have a conversation about your childhood. Okay? Yay.

Fine. Love you Dad.

"I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single."

Tony turned to look at Steve. "Oh really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times." He put his jacket on. "God I hated you."

Steve looked down before looking up. "I don't mean to make things difficult."

"I know, because you're a very polite person."

Tony walked around behind Steve.

"If I see a situation pointed south...I can't ignore it." Steve turned to look at Tony. "Sometimes I wish I could."

Liar.

And apparently Tony thought so too. "No, you don't."

Steve smiled, looked down, then looked back up. "No, I don't. Sometimes..."

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap."

Tony paused. "So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last twenty-four hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-center instead of a Wakandan prison."