Steve and Tony: The Budding Bromance: Not

I walked into the bathroom. Dad?

Yes?

Do you know where Nat is?

Hold on a second. Okay I'll just send you there.

Thanks Dad.

No problem.

My body dissolved slowly. After a short moment my body reformed alongside Nat.

I really hope the Mist is working in a way that doesn't make me look like a criminal.

She paid no mind to my appearance as a man walked towards us, followed by Steve, Sam, and T'Challa. And a bunch of guards.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?" His voice echoed towards us.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa said.

Nat and I walked towards them and then to the side as they passed us.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." She said and started walking alongside Steve.

I trailed right behind her.

"He's alive." Steve replied not looking at her.

"Romania was not Accord so sanctioned." Tony was talking on a phone, audible through the glass walls and open door. "Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup."

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat walked away. Leaving me to stay with Tony as my supervisor.

Joy.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, because I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir."

Tony walked out of the office and towards us.

"Consequences?" Steve asked.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony walked away. I followed.

"Not getting that shield back, am I?"

Nat rejoined us. "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings too." She said.

"That's cold." Sam said.

"Warmer than jail." Tony said, looking back over his shoulder at them.

Nat went off to go somewhere so I followed Tony.

We headed towards the cell where Steve was. He was looking out at the security monitors.

"Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Tony said walking towards Steve, jacket folded over his arm. "I pulled something from Dad's archives." He held up a box.

"You know technically you're my cousin." I looked at Tony. He stared at me.

"What?"

"Yeah. Your dad was adopted into my family. So your adoptive grandfather is my cousin." I shook my head. "Never mind."

"Felt timely." Tony looked at the box. Tony threw his jacket over on a desk and finally opened the box.

"FDR signed the Lend-Lease bull with these in 1941." He sat it on the table. "Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Steve looked up from them to Tony.

Tony was unmoved. "See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here." Tony smirked slightly.