The Luck of the Pack

This is set after Luck gets full control of her powers and she's two years older.
________________

   Luck leaned against the railing of the patio outside of X-Mansion with Will at her side. She looked out at the forest where she knew her pack lived and hunted. I'm going to do it today. The look on her face was one of determination as she stood upright.

   Will put a hand on her shoulder, making her turn. "Luck, I don't think it's a good idea. I mean... what if you get killed?"

   Luck looked at him with a kind smile. "I won't."

   "But-"

   "I won't," Luck repeated stubbornly. "I'll be back soon. I promise."

   Will started to object, but stopped when Luck shrugged his hand off and headed toward the forest. He watched her helplessly and sighed.

   Luck changed into a large silver wolf as she walked. She sped up once she entered the forest. Her silver fur glowed in the patches of shadow and her green eyes watched every detail of her surroundings. It didn't take her long to reach the place she remembered playing as a pup before she had discovered her differences from the pack.

   She slowed to a walk again as she approached the clearing that the pack called home. A hostile growl reached her ears and she whipped her head toward the black wolf guarding the area. She curled her lip at him and snarled viciously, pinning her ears back.

   "Stand aside pup," Luck snapped. "My quarrel is not with you."

   The guard shrank back as she stalked past him. The other wolves looked up as she entered the clearing. Luck could feel their confusion as she walked to the center and stood proudly, her tail curling up confidently.

   "Father!" Luck howled her challenge for all to hear, pointing her nose toward the bright noonday sun. "I've come to take the pack!"

   Silence hung over the assembled wolves as Luck brought her gaze back to the ground. She never dropped her confident stance. The Alpha padded out from the group and stood facing Luck. His brown fur was streaked with gray in places and he was smaller than Luck remembered, though she had been a small pup the last time she'd seen him.

   The Alpha bared his teeth at Luck and glared at her with his pale blue eyes. "Returned for more. After all this time."

   If Luck had been a human, she would have smirked. She was so far in her confident, commanding facade that she was hardly the same. Even so, a hint of the human expression could have been seen in her wolf face. "Hardly. I'm here to win, not to lose, father." 

   The Alpha growled. "You're no pup of mine. You're a lost mongrel hoping for a place. You can be the Omega, no more. We've all seen your strangeness."

   "It was not a question," Luck stated calmly. "You will fight me, or you will roll to your back willingly."

   Luck's mother pushed her way to the front of the pack and ran between Luck and Alpha. Her smooth gray fur and sweet smell filling Luck with the wish that she could have stayed. "Lucky! Don't do this my pup."

   Luck touched the tip of her nose to her mother's head and licked her ear reassuringly. "I'll be fine, mother."

   She gently nudged her mother out of the way, despite the protests. During her distraction, Alpha crouched and, as she turned back, he leaped. His forepaws coming down on her shoulder. His head plunged down as he snapped at her neck.

   Luck twisted out from underneath him by shifting her fur into a more slimy coating for a second before changing it back. She retaliated by spinning around and sinking her teeth into Alpha's left back leg. He howled in pain and Luck quickly leaped back, shaking her head in a vain attempt to get the blood out of her mouth.

   Alpha leaped at her again, but Luck darted expertly to the side and batted him to the ground with a carefree swipe of her paw. She flinched at the crack his body made against the hard earth.

   "I won't kill you," Luck growled. "But for what you're doing to this pack I should."

   Alpha's chest rose and fell with his quick breathing as he hauled himself to his feet. "You've gotten stronger," he admitted grudgingly.

   Luck curled her lip at him. "You have no... idea."

   Alpha lunged at her again, and this time, she didn't move. As he collided with her, her fur became slick like an eel and he slipped off. Infuriated, he attacked again and was met with the same trick.

   He snarled angrily. "You do not fight like a wolf."

   Luck stood even more proudly than before and her sleek  silver fur shone in the light, the black clover between her shoulders sucking the light from the closest fur. She looked majestic, beautiful, and even... dangerously deadly. "No. I fight like a shape-shifter, as is only right."

   Struck by her pose and her statement, Alpha bowed his head to her with obvious displeasure. "I submit."

   Luck looked at him with as close to a scowl as she could get. "Thank you, Omega."

   The former alpha returned her cold glare and retreated to the back of the clearing to nurse his hurt pride.

   Luck's mother nuzzled to her pup's side. "I'm so proud of you my pup," she yipped.

   Luck licked her mother's ear. "I'm glad."

_________________________
Hey there heroes! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter I'll be making that Skyrim character tomorrow hopefully. I'm currently using my phone because my computer doesn't have a strong enough connection to write with. :(

May the speed force be with you all!