Not Captain

Venn sauntered across the deck of the airship. His cloak flapped around his legs. The black fabric seemed to suck the light out of the air despite the bright sun. He was a shifting shadow in broad daylight.

He stepped over the body of one of the crew. He'd been kind to the fellow and shot him instead of severely injuring. Most of the rest of the crew was in the process of bleeding out. They deserved it though, kidnapping so many people who weren't even aware of their danger.

Venn kicked open the door to the main control center of the airship. There were three people inside. One sat behind a desk with only a few buttons on it, the other two were in front of large control panels. He guessed the large man behind the desk was the captain.

The man was rather round, he clearly ate very well. He had smooth grey hair that framed a tan face. He brought his intense blue gaze up to Venn. His eyes widened immediately. He spoke something in mixed Spanish and English. That could have been anything from swearing to begging for mercy.

Venn strode right up to the desk. He grinned, flashing his sharp teeth at the man. "Ah... so here's the captain. I must say the accommodations here for vampires are not up to par."

The man looked downright terrified. He blinked up at Venn. "I-I'm very sorry, Señor Drake. Perhaps we could make some kind of arrangement?"

Venn circled the desk to stand right in front of the captain. "Oh you think so? Go on. Try it. What could you possibly give a vampire?"

The man was shaking visibly. The other two boys who had been in the room had run off at some point. "A-anything. Take anything."

"Anything? My my would you listen to that." Venn leaned forward.

The captain nodded. "Anything. Anything!"

"Excellent. Just checking."

Venn hissed. In the blink of an eye he had snapped forward and sank his teeth into the man's neck. Thick, sweet blood filled his mouth as he started to drink. He ignored the man's screaming, though his ears were ringing from the proximity.

The man struggled hard. He tried punching, kicking, reaching for his dagger, anything to fight back.

The screams gradually grew weaker as Venn fed. Finally, they stopped altogether. Venn pulled back, licking his lips. He yanked the drained body from the chair and sat down. He leaned back in the chair and propped his feet up on the desk.

After a couple seconds of enjoying his victory, Venn picked up the microphone that would send his voice through the speaker system below deck.

And so it was that a vampire lounged at a desk that wasn't his own in the middle of the day. With a smirk on his face and a voice as smooth as silk he said, "Attention passengers... this isn't your captain speaking."