Spider-Japh

"Japhea!"

Japhea dimly registered the voice calling his name, but this happened in the back of his mind. He didn't actually give any hint that he had heard it. It was late at night, and he had been having some very nice dreams.

Until a PS4 controller hit the side of his head. "JAPHEA!"

Japhea jolted awake in two seconds flat to see his brother, Gentle Giant (or GG), standing in the doorway to his room. Japhea rubbed the side of his head and picked up the controller. "What the heck was that for?"

GG jabbed a thumb over his shoulder. "There's a ghost in the kitchen asking for you."

Japhea looked at his brother like he was crazy. GG just shrugged. "If you don't believe me, come see for yourself."

Japhea, fully expecting this to be a joke, got up and followed GG to the kitchen. There was a ghost in the kitchen. It was a tall man with unruly dark hair, pale skin, and a casual T-shirt and jeans. When he turned to face them, his pure black eyes focused on Japhea and an unsettling smile spread across his face.

"Hello, Japhea." The ghost's voice was deep and echoed oddly. He inclined his head, the smile on his face still just as smug. "Lowkey told me about you."

Japhea stared at the ghost in confusion. He glanced over at his brother, who shrugged and stepped back. The motion clearly said "Yeah sorry bro but you're on your own for this one."

Japhea turned his attention back to the ghost. "Lowkey? You mean Pine? Who are you and why are you in my house?"

The ghost waved a dismissive hand. "Who I am is not important. As for why I am here, well, I'm giving you a chance to be Spider-Man."

Japhea couldn't help himself, he laughed. "Okay now I know you're full of crap. There's no way that's possible."

"Oh Japhea, you have no idea what's possible." The ghost turned around and walked straight through the refrigerator.

Japhea saw something red sitting on one of the chairs. He walked over and looked down. The moonlight shining through the window reflected off of the white eyes of the mask. GG approached cautiously, as if the table was going to explode.

Japhea picked up the suit and held it up. "Maybe that ghost wasn't kidding," he said thoughtfully.

GG looked at the suit for a moment before he smiled. "One way to find out." He picked up a salt shaker from the counter and flung it at Japhea.

A sharp buzz in the back of Japhea's head made him jerk to the side to avoid the unexpected salt shaker. "Gent! What is up with you throwing stuff?!"

GG grinned. "Sorry, but it didn't hit you. That means you have Spidey Sense right?"

Japhea blinked in surprise, then he too grinned. "Let me get this on. I need to see if it's all functional."

GG snapped his fingers. "One condition, I get to be your guy in the chair."

Japhea nodded his agreement as he left the room. He went into his room and changed quickly into the suit. The moment he pulled the mask over his head, a pleasant female voice said, "Good evening Japhea. You have five hundred seventy-six web shooter combinations."

Japhea grinned and opened his window. He popped the screen out and slipped silently outside. His hands and feet stuck easily to the side of the building. He didn't need to hold on to anything. He let instinct take over and shot a web down the street. It caught on the emergency exit of a building.

He leaped off the wall and swung down the street with a whoop. At the height of the swing he let go of the first web and launched another web farther down the street. He did a flip as he fell before the web made him swing forward.

Adrenaline coursed through his veins as he swung through the city at top speed. He saw a tall building and angled toward it. He swung high, letting go of the web and letting himself fly through the air. He landed in a crouch on the corner of the building. He stood slowly, imagining a camera panning around him dramatically. He put his hands on his hips and took a deep breath of the night air.

Playing a game as Spider-Man was so much different from actually doing it. He surveyed the city as he thought Peter Parker must after a long night.

A Discord message, of all things, popped up on the display. A ping from PineWatch.

@Japhea you're welcome bro haha

Boom I did it. 753 words. I hope you like it Japhea. I didn't feel like doing something weird like some other people, but I still think this one is kind of odd. I don't know if I like it or not so hahaha we shall see what becomes of it.

May the speed force be with you my friend!

P.S. If suit lady asks if you want to activate instant kill, please say no. lol