The Paladins

This is going to be interesting. For those of you who have played Paladins, you'll know how difficult this is to write one round from the POV of a character that doesn't know they're being controlled. For those of you who don't know about Paladins I'll do a little explanation.

Paladins is a game where there are two teams, each with five players. Those two teams will go against each other to get a certain objective, whether that objective is getting four points in a round of "Siege" or getting a cart as far as possible in a round of "Payload". I like to explain it as team hunger games, with a reason behind it.

Now you know the basics, this is siege. The team is Cassie (an archer that I use mostly), Pip (support/healer with a potion launcher who happens to be a fox (I think)), Ruckus *sigh* and Bolts (a tank, he's a little goblin in robot legs and machine guns), Skye (a flanker who can make herself invisible and has a dart launcher on her wrist), and Kinessa (a sniper who does very little damage up close).

The enemy team is Sha Lin (an archer that is actually really awesome when you know how to use him), Grover (support/healer that looks like a tree (Ent if you've read LotR)), Makoa (tank, I call him turtle man, who is really good for your team when you have him on your side), Androxus (a flanker who's a real showoff with his pistol), and Fernando (a tank with a shield and a flamethrower lance).

This team has three points to start this chapter.

_____________________

   Cassie fired six arrows, rapid fire, at the wall. They shimmered as she reloaded her bow and disappeared. Pip stood next to her, polishing his potion launcher. Ruckus fired two-hundred bullets into the wall, making scraps of wood everywhere.

   Skye and Kinessa leaned against the blue force field that trapped them inside the room. They looked out into the snowy fort.

   "Thirty second feels like such a long time," Kinessa said.

   Skye sighed and threw a smoke bomb on the ground. It exploded into a dark purple cloud and Skye disappeared.

   Blue name tags and a health bar hung over each character's head. Cassie had the name 'PineWatch', Pip had 'EnderPearler', Ruckus had 'Nyx28', Skye had 'MCRadium', and Kinessa had 'Caesium0810'. All of the health bars were full.

   A deep voice that came from all around them said, "Point spawning in fifteen seconds."

   "That's a nice watch you've got there," Pip said, gesturing to Kinessa's watch. "May I see it?"

   Kinessa glared at him. "No."

    Pip sighed. "Come on, I just need something to do besides shoot potion flasks at the wall."

   The deep voice returned. "Five... four..."

   The whole team hurried to the door as horses appeared underneath them.

   "Three... two... one."

   The blue force field vanished and the horses leaped out. Pip and Skye were both crouched on their saddles, ready to jump off at a moments notice. When they reached a corner, Skye stopped and dismissed her horse. She disappeared as soon as she touched the ground.

   The rest of the team dismissed their horses. Ruckus and Cassie ran onto the point while Kinessa stayed back to snipe at the enemy. Pip crept around the side and shot potion flasks from his launcher into the enemy team.

   Sha Lin became surrounded by a gold swirl. "Ready?!" he shouted. Five arrows flew with amazing accuracy into Ruckus.

   Ruckus's mechanical legs collapsed and short circuited. Ruckus shouted, "Eject! Eject!" as Bolts laughed maniacally.

   Cassie was low on health and the only person standing in the middle. "Pip!"

   Pip jumped over a crate and launched his healing potion. He hit the ground at Cassie's feet and her health refilled. Pip stood next to Cassie for about a second before they both started backing up.

   Fernando, Makoa, and Androxus advanced toward them behind a red shield. Pip was hit in the chest by one of Androxus's bullets. He gasped and checked his belt. "Cass, I'll help you out later. I'm almost dead."

   Skye appeared behind the three attackers and went completely unnoticed as she killed all three of them. She smirked at Cassie. "You're welcome."

   Cassie grinned. "Thanks."

   A blue beacon lit up the point and a cart appeared. The deep voice said, "Victory!"

   The team whooped as fireworks flew up around them. Several choruses of "Good game!" went through the players.

**outside the game**

   "I got best play!" PineWatch shouted. "Oh yeah, I remember that part!"

   "Nice one!" MCRadium said through the Skype. "Holy cow that's amazing. How did you do that?"

   PineWatch laughed as the clip of her best play ended. "I have no idea."

   "Whoa look," EnderPearler pointed to his screen from across the room. "We all got the best. MC is best flank, I'm best support, Pine is best damage, and Nyx is best front line!"

   Caesium sighed loudly , making everyone wince and take off their headphones. "Pine, you stole my glory."

   PineWatch grinned. "I know. You're welcome."

   "Again?" Nyx asked.

   "Let's do it!"

   Encouraged by their victory, they entered another match, and were met by a team of tanks.

   They won... In reverse... And were never alive for more than a minute.

____________
Hope you all enjoyed the story. The players are all of my friends and my brother EnderPearler. Everyone but Ender and I are in Hong Kong. The Canada people, Sushi and Psyre, weren't in this round.

May the speed force be with you!