Sneak Peek at "The X-Men's Musician" (Super Short)

The Irish pub was filled with the sound of my violin playing a jig. My friend Jack kept up a steady beat on his drums. A group of people were dancing in the middle of the room.

   The door opened and a familiar man walked through. His black hair had a ridge on both sides of his head, making it look like ears on either side of his head. He looked around, as if searching for someone, then looked at me. He didn't look away.

   I grinned and finished the song, dragging out the last note. Everyone clapped as I put my violin on my belt. I dropped off of the stage, too lazy to walk to the stairs, and walked toward the man.

   "Hey Logan!" I said when I was within hearing distance. "What brings you here?"

   Logan glanced around. "I'll tell you when we're somewhere private."

   "Of course!" I led him backstage, the loud sounds of the pub muted by the walls. "Now, what's so important that you needed a quiet place?"

   Logan looked like he wasn't sure what to say first. "I know you're a... friend. I also know you can understand the impossible. I was... sent here from the future to stop the end of people like us."

   I stared at him. He was right that I could understand the impossible, but this was just crazy. "Logan, you realize how... how..." I struggled to find the right words for several seconds before I settled on, "how crazy this sounds?"

   Logan nodded. "I know, but it's the truth. You know how much power you have, heck I know how much power you have. But these Centurions from the future can hold up to more than you could give. I need you to help me find some people who can help."

   I rubbed my forehead. Why was my life never easy? Why did it have to be this hard? As much as I wanted to say no and go back to work, I realized that might not be the smartest choice. "Alright. I'll help."

____________________

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this little section of a new book I'm going to start soon called "The X-Men's Musician | An X-Men Days of Future Past Fanfiction |" Once I have the cover I'll start on the full first chapter. ;)

May the speed force be with you!