Coma

"Daniel!" I screamed.

Daniel and Jac were lying on the tile floor unconscious. The blast must have knocked them out. I held my hand to Daniel's heart and willed him to let me see his bones.

Slowly in my mind I was able to see the damage I had caused him and Porcupine. Tears formed in my eyes as I saw the immense destruction in the bones.

Amelon's ribcage was cracked and he was barely breathing. As I placed my hand on his ribcage he groaned and I felt the crack seal underneath my fingers. I'd never felt so sorry.

His breathing evened out, but he didn't move. Jac's neck was twisted and she screamed im agony as I touched the bones gently. Her neck rose as the bones joined back together and sealed.

She sat upright immediately and gasped for her breath.

"Carti!"

"You're alright Jac. Just hold on and take care of Daniel."

I left them and slowly walked over to Future. She was lying on the ground with her collarbone sticking out from under her skin.

Apparently she hadn't seen that far into the future. But why didn't she get up and go back in time? I debated on whether or not I should heal her injury since she wasn't exactly on my side.

Outside I heard sirens. Out in the parking lot police cars and ambulances parked hurriedly and humans began to storm the building.

"We have got to go Jac!"

"Since when were we afraid of them?"

"I'm not! I just don't want to stay here and wait for them to find us! We can take Future with us if Daniel wakes up."

Jac began slapping Daniel until he woke up and cried out, "what is wrong with you!"

Jac quickly explained the situation and came to help me carry Future out to the cars. By the time we were out the door policemen had also reached our level.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

I looked to Jac and she rolled her eyes. She dropped Future's legs and turned her forearm to the people. Her quills began to rise and four shot out, each hitting a different person.

"Let's get out of here."

Jac let her quills settle and hurriedly swung Future's legs up over her shoulder.

Daniel went in front of us and guided us into the elevator and out the door without disruption. But as soon as we exited the building the entire crowd of medics and officers became tense.

They looked as if they couldn't tell if we were a threat or helping.

"That's the girl from the cafè!" shouted one man.

The officers all pulled their guns out and aimed them at us.

"You are under arrest for attacking officers!"

I panicked and looked to Daniel and Jac.

"We know what you are," the man said. "We have a special place just for you."

"The research facility!" I spat.

"No, no. You're much too dangerous to go back there."

"I'm leaving."

The guns were still pointed at me and the others. If I got shot I couldn't heal myself. I was too weak. If Daniel got shot he couldn't heal me. They probably would take me back to the facility after that.

"Fine," I sighed.

Daniel gasped. "You're, you're giving yourself up?"

"Daniel, they'll just take me back to the beginning where I started. I rather not end up dead."

"But...but you could kill them all right now..."

"I'm really weak. That power blast left me much weaker than I have ever been."

Jac just stared at me as I healed Future's collarbone and walked up to the police without a threat.

The officer in front of me pulled out the wrap and held it out.

"Gahum," sighed Daniel.

As he was wrapping it around my hands I felt a sudden burst within me. I stared at him and then, without any warning, I turned and kicked his gut.

The officer hurled over and clutched his stomach on the pavement.

I ran to Daniel and he quickly unwrapped the gahum from my hands. As soon as the last layer was peeled off I stood next to Daniel and nodded to him.

Jac ran behind us carrying Future to our cars. Daniel and I each raised one of our hands and the entire crowd fell to the pavement.

We made a run for it, not looking back. With all of those people down and hurting, nobody would be able to chase us.

Porcupine was already in her car, ready to take off. The two of us quickly entered ours and drove away...towards the 'hideout'.

《》

"That was too close!" Yelled Daniel.

"Carti...don't you dare do that again!" Jac screamed at me.

"Well, what else was I supposed to do? I had no power! I was weak! They would have shot me!"

"You would rather be stuck in a gahum cell than dead? What kind of mutant are you!"

Jac's eyes were practically glowing hatred towards me.

"You scared us," Daniel whispered. "We thought, that you were as good as gone already..."

I sighed. "I'm sorry guys. I didn't think I could do it."

Jac softened her gazed and patted my shoulder. "Just...try to stay alive while your out there saving our butts."

She slapped me playfully while smiling and walked away.

In the corner of the room, Future lay still, but she was still heaving deep breaths.

"What should we do with her? It looks like she's in a coma." I turned to Daniel. "Can you wake people from comas? "

He nodded and walked over to the bed. He placed his hand on her forehead and closed his eyes.

"Where am I!"

Future's eyes shot open along with Daniel's and she tried to jump up. I ran over and forced her back onto the bed before she could escape.

Jac ran into the room with her quills raised. "What's going on!"

Future struggled on the bed as we fought to hold her down.