Amelon

"You're Daniel? The Daniel?" I was speechless. First I escaped a place that should have been escape-proof and now I was finding out that my rescuer was another mutant.

That day just kept getting better. Except for the fact that I was almost killed by experiments.

"Yes. That's what I said, didn't I?"

"You're the other mutant that-"

He interrupted, "I don't talk about those days anymore. I'm not scared...I just hate the memories that they stained my mind with. I can't ever get rid if them."

"How did they not find you yet?"

"I don't go by Daniel. Do you really think that I would tell people, 'hi. I'm Daniel. The wanted mutant'. People call me Mark. I have another name too, but perhaps later-"

"No."

"What?"

"The other name. What is it?"

Daniel glared at me. "You're pushy."

I gave him a warning glance back and made a snapping motion with my hands.

"You know I can heal myself right?"

I sighed. "Will you please just tell me."

He looked around us to make sure that nobody would hear. "My other name is Amelon.

"Amelon?"

"What?"

"Nothing," I said. "I just wonder why you chose that name."

"I can't exactly go around causing trouble with the name Mark, can I? It's my...my 'superhero name'."

"Oh. What trouble?"

"Kid, there's so much to learn about the world around us. Don't you want revenge on those humans? People, who made you suffer?"

As he said this, I felt the fire igniting within me earlier burning. I looked at him with a serious expression. "I want revenge on those murderous people. I want them to feel my pain."

He nodded. "Good. That's what I want."

"You want? Im not a little pet who's gonna follow orders all the time!"

"I know kid! That's not what I meant. Try. I'm buying."

I kindled my anger and followed Daniel into the cafe.

Immediately after I entered, I was bombarded with smells. The scrumptious scents of freshly baked bread and warm coffee filled my nostrils and welcomed me eagerly. I went up to the counter behind Daniel and ordered a hazelnut coffee with a mini baguette. Daniel ordered a salad and went to find a seat.

We eventually settled at a small table near a window.

"So, what do you do to 'cause trouble'?"

"I uhh-I burn things, cause crashes, injure people in 'accidents'. Stuff like that."

"Really? I want to be like that. I want to make all of humanity suffer."

Daniel nodded. "After lunch we should go to my place. I'll show you my stuff and you can have a room there. I can train you and everything!"

"Okay. Just one question. How old are you now?"

"Twenty."

"Twenty?"

"Yeah."

"Wow. You be been hiding for a while."

"Yeah. Nobody suspects a thing."