Chapter 14: New York

Theo & I decide to go to New York for the Fourth of July. We spend our first day just walking around & doing things that look fun to us. We stay close to each other because we've heard stories of couples getting seperated & never finding each other again. I don't want that to be us, so I keep my arm looped through his & my hand intertwined with his. 

Our second day, we go to some of the museum's we seen yesterday but didn't have time for & we go shopping. I buy a bunch of blouses & a few pair of jeans. Tomorrow is Fourth of July, & we have tickets to watch the fireworks from the top of the Empire State Building. I'm nervous & exicted at the same time. I have a feeling Theo's going to purpose, but I'm not sure. I hope so because I don't want to spend the rest of my life with anyone else but him. 

When it's time for us to leave to go to the fireworks, we take a taxi, holding hands in the backseat & looking at the city around us. We take the elevator up, & hand the people at the top our tickets & we go find somewhere to stand, not to close to the ledge, but not to far. We hold hands & check the time. It's 9:55 & the fireworks don't go off until 10. Theo & I talk about random stuff till the first one goes off. A red Chinese dragon. I point to all the cool ones & when I see a really cool one I slap his hand & point & he lifts his head from my shoulder & opens his mouth a little & I can see the sparkle in his eye. 

He lets go of my waist, & gets on his knee in front of me, getting the attention of several people around us. The song Find You by Zedd is playing in the background. I slap my hands over my mouth as he asks, "Katie, I love you & only you. I couldn't imagine my life without you. Will you marry me?" 

I nod, & tears begin to fall down my face, "Yes! Yes, I will marry you." 

Applause erupts around us & someone screams, "She said yes!!" I laugh, & Theo stands up & kisses me. The fireworks keep erupting around us, & we kiss until we can't breath anymore. We take off for the elevator & hail a taxi to take us back to our hotel room. Instead of striping off our clothes, I turn on music, loud enough for us to hear, but soft enough so no one else can. We start to dance, & we dance until morning light pours in through our window. The same time we get to the end of our playlist. The last song is Find You by Zedd which we added on the taxi ride home. 

We pull apart, & we slowly start to take our clothes off. Staring at each other longer than we should, but Theo is mine, & I'm his forever. We move to the bed & we kiss breaking the spell. He touches me, & I touch him. Feeling every muscle in his back, arms, stomach, & chest. I touch his length, the first time I ever have slowly stroking it. He's breathing hard & fast, harder & faster than me because he's the one being touched but I'm breathing hard & fast because this is the first time I've done this & I love the confidence I have & what it does to him. I slowly pump, taking my time because I want this feeling to last forever & because I don't know what to do. He's looking at me, his eyes glassy, & I feel his world explode & he grunts. I feel him harden again as soon as I let go & he begins to move on top of me. I sigh his name, & hug his hips between my knees to keep him close to me. He moves slowly & then speeds up. My hands are in his hair & on his back. I'm pretty sure I left a couple of scratch marks. Our worlds explode, & I let out a soft cry. 

He holds me afterwards, telling me how much he loves me & how beautiful I am. I tell him that I love him more than anything in this entire world & that he's my everything. We're both still breathless, & I'm pretty sure we're just saying the first thing on our minds because we made love like we never have before & it was the greatest feeling in the world. I want this feeling to last forever, but  I also want to do it again. We fall asleep as our lives together start a new chapter.