Chapter 4

The next day at school , I'm all giggly & bubbly. I meet Theo in the library where he holds a single red rose.

"For you," he says, & kisses my hand.

"Such a gentleman," I tease.

"I was taught right," he smiles & takes my hand in his. We walk through the aisles in the library & take a seat against one of the shelves.

"Why are we sitting here?"

"I just wanted to be alone with you," he circles his thumb on the back of my hand & I'm smiling like crazy. I bury my face in his shoulder & just relax.

I replay our kisses over & over again in my head, wanting it to happen again. I lift my head & look at Theo who's staring at me again. I look away, & he takes his hand & guides it under my chin to lift my head. He kisses me & our tongues take their time finding their way into our mouths. His mouth is hot, like tempature hot & I find myself moving into his lap.

I pull away & rest my forehead against his, "why do you like me? I'm not pretty."

"You may not be pretty to some people here but you're beautiful to me," he brushes a strand of hair out of my face & trails a line of kisses down my cheek to my neck , I sigh a little to loudly in the library, but I don't care. I'm falling for this boy & I can't do anything about it.

-after school-

We decide to have our tutoring session after school because we didn't get anything done in the library today. We're at my house, sitting in our entertainment room, my laptop on my lap with his arm around my waist as I show him pictures & stories of the civil war.

"So why did the country split again?" he asks playing with my hair.

"Because the south wanted slaves, but the north didn't," I explain. "So the south, the confederates, wanted the country to be split into two but Lincoln didn't want two United States."

"That's kind of stupid," he says. "Slaves were people to even if they didn't realize it at the time."

"I know & that's what the north said. They basically looked at slaves as human people too no matter their color."

"It just pisses me off."

His mouth sets into a hard straight line.

"Hey it's okay," I say poking him in the stomach. "it's over now & everybody has equal rights now."

He nods, & takes my laptop from my lap & opens YouTube. He types something in & cat videos pop up.

"Cat videos always cheer me up," he says then opens the second video.

We sit there laughing & aw-ing at the cats. The one video shows a cat hissing at himself in the mirror & I hear Theo say, "its you, you stupid cat."

I laugh & we watch several more cat videos. We watch a cute one where the owners rubbing the cats stomach then popping their hands out & the cats arms & legs pop out all surprising like. After the videos over, Theo sets the laptop on the table & lays down on the couch & pulls me on top of him so I'm straddling him. I do the same thing to him as the owner did to the cat in the video & we're both laughing like crazy. He grabs my arms & pulls me down so our bodies are laying together perfectly. I'm short , he's tall, but when we lay like this our bodies fit together perfect.