•Chapter One•The Legend•

Years later.
More specifically 15 years later. Frisk's loving mother had fallen sick. Her mother was practically half dead. It was almost too much for poor Frisk to handle. Her father had never been around. Considering that he fled around the time Frisk was just a year old. Frisk couldn't remember why nor did her mother show any signs of wanting to talk about it. So she decided to take matters to her own hands. She went around her neighborhood asking people whether they would know what's wrong with her mother, given her symptoms and condition.

She went to every person she knew and beyond. Every single house she knocked on either gave her a

"I'm not sure..", " Hey, I'm no doctor! Find one yourself!", "Who are you? Get lost!", " I'm sorry.. I can't help."

And all other sorts of replies. Everyone who seemed willing to help didn't know, and everyone else not willing pushed her away. Downhearted, Frisk returned home to tell her mother what she tried to do, and failed.

Her mother, who was oblivious of her daughter's whereabouts, was both touched and sad at Frisk's attempt to help her. Her mother held out her hand, Frisk gently places hers on her mother's now fragile hand. She was old after all. Her mother then motioned Frisk to lean close, and when she did, she whisprred.

"Legend says... That there is a blue flower.. Somewhere underground.. It holds incredible magic, my dear.. And I know, I know.. It sounds.. Ridiculous.. But I just know it..! This flower.. Might heal me.."

Frisk knew her mother was always into magic, monsters and the underground. Ever since she was a little girl, her mother would tell tales about the war between humans and Monsters. The power of magic and LOVE. Stories about how dangerous Monsters can be, and at the same time kind when treated similarly.

But really? She's dying right now and instead of looking for a more relieable, and not to mention realistic and easy to find, medicine. She suggests her ONLY daughter. To venture into the Underground. Now, she knows what's going to happen. She falls and dies from the height. Or she'll die by the hands of Monsters. Seeing as Monsters are stuck underground due because of Humans, and a Human just happens to fall in. Frisk assumes things won't be pretty.

Her mother seemed to read her thoughts, or rather her expression when she said that. She held Frisk's hand tighter in reassurance.

"Frisk.. Sweetie, please.. No one else has any better ideas."

"That's true." Frisk thought. "Can't buy medicine without knowing what's wrong in the first place. And can't afford a doctor at the moment either."

"I know you'll be fine.. There are kind Monsters too, just as there are kind Humans.. Trust me.."

Frisk was almost certain that whatever her mother got sick of, is making her lose common sense and critical thinking. Is she insane? Nobody's been down there.
Nobody knows what's it like there.
Nobody's
ever
left.

But when Frisk looked at her mother's face, she could see the pure sincerity and hope in her eyes alone. As much as she wanted to deny her request, Frisk just couldn't say no to someone this desperate. Especially when she's her mother, even if it means going down to the Underground. It seems that it has always been that way with Frisk.
Always helping. Determined to do so.