Ch.10

Juliana Garret

"So, how you like the school?" I asked Steffan. He was telling me about how he moved from South Dakota and just some general things about him.

"It's definitely been an experience. Plus, it's nice that I finally got to hang out with you."

I thanked him and said likewise. We continued to talk for a bit until we parted and planned to have lunch again sometime soon. As the day went by, I had a bad feeling start to arise in the pits of my stomach.

As the final bell rang signaling the end of my day, I started walking to my car with Ginger. She had invited me to sleepover and watch reruns on MTV of Teen Wolf. Laura wasn't going to come, sadly, due to her and Hector being so busy with eachother.

As we were walking through the lot, I heard an all too familiar voice yelling. Jared.

"Now what the fuck. I'll be right back Gin." I said, throwing my bag in the backseat of my car and walking to where I heard Jared's voice.

"Man go on with that bullshit. You really just a p*ssy!" He said.

I noticed it was Darren who he was talking to, of course.

"Yo, what the fuck is really going on. You guys are being embarrassing!" I said.

"Juliana do you mind talking for a moment?" Darren said, still staring at Jared.

"Please go talk to this stupid ass muthafucka before I beat his ass." Jared said. 

"Just go to my car please." I said to Jared, giving him my car keys.

As he walked away, Darren put his hands in mind. 

"Juli, bella, you know how much I care for you, no?" He spoke. [Beautiful]

"Darren what is this about? I walk up and ya'll are screaming back and forth and for what? Like be fucking for real one second."

"Can you just answer my question for once?"

"Yes Darren. You care for me, cool, I understand. But this is not showing a person you care. This is being disrespectful to their family." I responded. He dropped my hands and groaned in frustration.

"SO I'm guessing you don't feel the same for me?"

"You've been spitting bullshit to me since I fucking met you. You're saying all this about my family when you just met me months ago. Like why are you even comfortable spreading such lies and-"

"Oh my fucking God Juliana! You don't fucking listen! This is why there's always going to be a problem between us for the rest of our lives." 

"The rest of our lives? Why do you think we'll even be in each others lives after this?" I said, visibly seeing how hurt his feelings were. 

Ginger pulled up, rolling her window down and catching our attention. 

"I'll see you at my house later. Don't be late for our reruns!" She said as she drove off.

I turned my attention back to Darren to finish this conversation so I could leave.

"Darren look-"

"I hope and pray Juliana you get this through your thick skull. Listen to the words that are coming out of my mouth. You are mine. And I'm not just talking my girlfriend." He started, grabbing my wrist.

"You can choose not to believe what I tell you, but I promise soon- really soon, you're going to wish you listened to me."

I snatched my wrist from him and started to walk away before he caught up to me. He grabbed my wrist again turning me towards him.

"I own you Juliana. So you need to get with it, or get handled. And you really don't want me to handle you." He said. 

He let go of my wrist and watched me as I walked away.

"Just ask your mom about the Demetrio's! I promise you'll see." He yelled to me as I got in my car.

I drove home and got my bag ready to go to Ginger's house. I left shortly after, leaving my brother at home, and got to her house.

I changed into some lounge clothes as we started watching Teen Wolf and working on homework.

"Bitch spill it. What was all that about." She said as our show went to commercial.

"Ginger, to be fucking real, I don't even know. It's like he thinks this shit is funny or something. He always wants to talk about my family and how he says I'm adopted. Which is wild because like- how would he know. We just started talking months ago and became exclusive a few weeks back. 

"He also was saying some bullshit about trafficking-"

"Bitch, I know you fucking lying! Like women?! Bodies? Drugs?!" She asked, stunned.

"I don't even fucking know! And get this, the other day he said some shit about how he's been in love with me for years. But like, we just met the muthafucka months ago." I said.

"It's not clicking, at all." She said. "You need to be careful with that one. You know they say white boys are crazy but them Italians? Even worse."

"I'm trying, it's just, this is all so new to me and I'm not used to this at all. This is my first semi-serious relationship Gin. You know this. And I don't necessarily want to dump him because we just started dating. And I actually like him. Just not the bullshit he's on." I said.

"Your mom." She stated. I looked at her confused.

"What about her?"

"Well evidently she's the missing key to answer your questions."

I thought about it for a moment.

"You might be right. Darren did tell me to ask her if she knew the last name."

"Well let's get the tea now!" She said snatching my phone. "Hey mom! At Ginger's. Need info. I-L-Y."

My mom texted back about 30 seconds later.

Kk, what's tea? - Mom

"What should I say?" I said, as Ginger snatched my phone from me.

"Demetrio's? What do you know?" She said out loud, texting.

Minutes go by without a response.

"Bitch if she hasn't texted back by now, then obviously something has to be up. She was just responding at the speed of light!" Ginger said.

I continued to stare at my phone waiting for a text, but one never came. This led me to believe that she knew something.

And it was up to me to find out exactly what it was, and quick. 

____________________

So personally for me, I LOVE the Journals album. So, I wanted to incorporate a song that will be the vibe in the next few chapters between our two main characters! *Wink wink*. You like?