Robots and Engineering Class

"Start!" yells the voice over the loud speakers.

I stand at the front of the pack, and as the gates open I take off down the road. With a strong and well trained body, I can run at my top speed for a nonconsecutive 20 minutes at most.

I spend one of those minutes sprinting around the city in search of a villain bot.

"A two pointer!" I mutter under my breath as I spot one.

It sees me and approaches, getting ready to attack. I grin and sprint at it. Once I close the distance, I slide underneath it's claws and jump onto the single wheel under it. I climb up it as it tries to grab me.

There! I find a chink in its armor big enough for me to climb through. I slip into it and fall into its systems. Many colorful wires cushion my fall. I search around it's insides, trying to remember what I was taught in engineering class.

(I actually have no idea what I'm talking about)

I find the right wires and start to shift them around. I finally have reconfigured the robot so it obeys my wishes. I use stray wires and other technical stuff to make a remote control so I don't have to be in the robot to maneuver it.

My only concern is other students attacking it, so I try to stay close as I control the bot.

I take the bot around the corner and attack another oblivious 3 point bot. Since the bots aren't made to fight each other it doesn't fight back and makes it easy for me to tear it apart.

I attack robot after robot with my creation until I've got 41 points. There's still time left, I can totally knock out the competition like this. I smile and continue searching for more bots.

I'm near the middle of the city when it happens. A huge robot taller than the buildings rising out of the ground, and starts stomping in my direction.

"Shit, that thing is huge!" Usually I don't know when to stop, but my puny robot can't take on this one. I start to move away when I hear someone cry out. I turn around and see a girl with her foot stuck under a rock.

With my robot behind me, I turn around and charge at the robot. If someone's in danger, then I really don't know when I'm going to be overpowered.

"Fight me, you giant hunk of metal!" I yell at it and attack the front, leading my robot around to the back. With the giant robot distracted by my threats and insults, I control my bot to climb up its back. The large robot doesn't seem to take notice of my two pointer edging towards its head.

I had installed a self destruct button so I could claim the two points for myself if anyone else tried to attack my bot.

When my bot is near the head, I run to the girl and try to lift the rock on her foot. "Ugh! It's so heavy!" I grunt as I strain my arms to lift the piece of cement. "Come! On!" I manage to ease it off her foot and she pulls herself away from it.

"Thank you so much!" she says, then taking notice of the giant robot. "Uh, bye!" She sprints off.

I turn back to the giant zero point robot, hitting the self destruction button as dramatically as I can, then turning around and walking away from the explosion like I'm in a movie. Damn it, I wish I had sunglasses. I break into a run as pieces of green metal start littering the ground around me.

~ Time Skip ~

I sit at home, resting my sore muscles from the exam today. Even if I didn't get in, that was still super fun. But of course I got in, I think 43 points is more than what most people got.

"(Y/n)! I'm home," my father calls from the doorway.

I greet him, and as he takes off his shoes he starts to question me about the exam. "How many points did you get?"

"43 points in total." I grin proudly.

"Really? But our neighbor's son got over 70 points. How did you get the points without a Quirk anyway?"

"Dad, you need to let go of your silly competition with our neighbors. And I rewired a robot and used it to take down the other robots. It was super cool!"

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it," he says with a sigh and sits down at the kitchen table to do work.

I leave him alone and go to my room and click on my phone, texting my friend.

Me: Hey

Kendo: Hi! How was the entrance exam?

Me: I think I did pretty well, I got a lot of points on the practical exam

Kendo: Wow! How did you take down so many robots?

Me: It was super cool, I went inside a two pointer and rewired it so I would have control over it and then I used it to defeat other robots, even the giant zero pointer!

Kendo: That's just like you, finding ways to win even without a Quirk

Me: Quirks aren't everything!

Kendo: It's getting late, text me when you get your letter!

Me: Of course! Bye~

I click off my phone and plug it into a charger. I should go for a run tomorrow as well as my normal training routine.  And do some more studying on engineering, I barely remembered everything I needed to in that exam.

I'll definitely reach the top, Quirk or not. I'll be the first Quirkless student to get into the hero course! I'll be stronger and better than everyone else, I'll even top All Might himself! And it all starts with getting into the U.A. hero course.

Author's Note: I am still working on my Bakugo x Reader fanfiction at the same time as this one. Also if anyone wants to request a certain fanfiction (I don't do smut) then I would be more than happy to write it.