8 Months Old

It has been 8 months since then, having enough time for me to remember where I've landed. Who would have thought I reincarnated into one of my most famous stories? A typical Hero and Demon King plot, titled A Typical Hero and Demon King Plot. Yes, I know, it's a horrible title. That was when my sense of naming things was so awful and uncreative. At least, it's getting better.

I stared dazedly at the variety of blooming flowers, emitting a sense of etherealness as tiny colorful spots flew around it. I'm already getting used to it, living in a fantasy world. It takes time to adapt to a new environment, especially one with magic that defies all laws of physics.

I softly closed my eyes as I tried to reorganize my memories, splitting them up into two sections. One for the previous world, the other for the novel. After reorganizing my memories into the correct section, I fluttered my eyes open.

Jack Ulric Ve Clawford, the only prince of the kingdom of Elerhle. The son of King Wmer Ve Clawford and Queen Elizabeth Le Silver. Jack is an only child, hence easily gaining the title of the crown prince. He was born as a prodigy. His magic attributes are above average, swordsmanship skills average, intelligence and durability above. The character who I am inhabiting is one of the Hero's allies who would journey with other allies to defeat the Demon King twenty years later.

"It seems I have been reborn into him."

The Hero was of course, not a person from another world, but a normal average commoner. I didn't want those cliche plots of where the Hero is summoned by a big breasted goddess and creates his own harem along the way. The story of the commoner hero goes somewhat like this—because of an event, a demon stampede on his village, by some kind of miracle encounter, the Hero gained the legendary power, light. He was seen by a prestigious member who encouraged him to join one of the most famous magic academies, Awertia Academy, which is situated in the country I'm living right now, Elerhle.

"If I remember correctly, Jack's power was Earth, wasn't it?"

I tapped my finger quietly, my gaze going off. Five is the age where nobility children start learning how to control and use their magic. Should I start learning spells early? Or wait until I'm five?

"The library...should I go there?" I briefly took a look around my surroundings, old antiques carved with beautiful patterns decorated the room. Paintings that seem to come alive were hung on the lavish coffee walls. Curtains were loosely tied together, opening an entrance to the sunlight as it flooded in. The room was dyed with a warm yellow light.

Looks peaceful enough, if you ignore the twenty maids expressionlessly standing still like statues inside the room, hundreds of guards strolling around outside, and Spade the captain of the royal knights standing silently yet deadly by my side. Yep, peaceful, definitely. Seems more like a prison with super tight security.

My gaze slightly peeked at Spade. At the age of 28, there are no signs of any partner by his side. His subordinates had joked about how he was going to stay as a bachelor his whole entire life. Should I feel pity or sympathy? Spade is a close childhood friend of my father, no, more like he was Wmer's only friend. He was born into a family that birthed out knights, meaning all of his ancestors were once part of the royal knights faction. Spade was to follow in his older brother and father footsteps. His father has retired and is now living comfortably with his wife. His older brother is currently stationed at the border of the North Sea, defending against rogue pirates.

Crossing his long legs, Spade's calloused fingers slowly flipped through the pages of a book, his dark obsidian eyes staring intently at the words as his lips were pressed tightly together into a thin line. His calm and serious demeanor coupled with his elegant and cold features made of a breathtaking sight. My gaze was mesmerized by the lighting of the sunlight hitting upon him.