Chapter 13: The Surprise

June's POV

The trip to Singapore was exciting but now its time to get down to business. I shifted through the files containing the financial reports of Ilio and rubbed my temple. This merger might be a lot harder than we had planned, because as the acquiring company agree to pay a certain amount for the acquired company's stock but the company was arguing how much we have to pay for their stocks. Then there's also the negotiation and letter of intent, the letter has to include language that won't be interpreted wrongly...because if it is...they could be sued for breach of contract. Anyways this whole thing is going me a headache.

I mumbled the finances and statistics to myself, hoping the merger would be successful. 

*sighs* It's already 7 pm, I didn't even realize I had been sitting here for so long, I need to eat dinner. Where's Robin? I feel like I haven't seen him all day...but then again I've been busy all day.

I went out to the kitchen, and rummaged around the fridge looking for something I can use to cook dinner. I found eggs, kimchi, carrots, ground beef, seaseme seeds, soybean sprouts and spinach. Perfect I can make bimbimbap! I looked through the pantry and found some rice, then I heard a knock on the door...Oh that must be Robin!

I opened the door and Robin was standing there looking exhausted and holding a box

"Robin, where have you been? I haven't seen you the entire day" I said hugging him

"I was out..." he said avoiding my eyes

"Well why don't you get cleaned up, I making dinner" I said

He walked into the house without saying another word, I just thought maybe he was tired. I set out the plates and poured sparking lemonade.

He walked into the kitchen wearing slacks and a white T-shirt

"Robin, is everything okay? You've been kind of quiet since you came back" I said sitting down at the table

"I'm fine, anyways close your eyes" he said 

"Close my eyes?" I said, confused

"Just do it, please?"

"Alright" I closed my eyes and felt something small, furry and warm being placed in my lap

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Yes"

I opened my eyes and saw the cutest puppy ever, it had a soft white and brown coat and my god it was so adorable

"Omg! I-Its a puppy...wait why so sudden?"

"Did you forget? You must have been working too hard sweetheart" he said coming up behind me and putting his hand on my shoulder

"What did I forget?" I asked searching my memory

"It's your birthday silly" he said kissing my forehead

"Oh I've been so piled up with work, it just escaped my memory" I said rubbing the bridge of my nose

"I know you probably forgot, so thats why I decided to surprise you" he said

"Oh Robin, you're so sweet, I can't believe I really forgot my own birthday"

....................................................................................................

Robin's POV

I knew June had been working hard ever since we got back from Singapore, and I knew the merger was going to go well because of her hard work.

I got a notification from work that today was her birthday, I decided to surprise her with a puppy. I knew that every time she saw a dog, her eyes would light up like a Christmas tree. The Havenese puppy was perfect, it was small and wouldn't grow too large when it got older, also it was a good home dog.

I drove home with the surprise and decided to act like I was just tired, but inside I was hoping she would like her gift. When she opened her eyes and saw the little furball, I knew it was the perfect gift for her.

"Happy Birthday June"