Chapter 6: Playing With My Heart

Not having to get up early and fight with morning traffic and spilling hot coffee on myself was a nice change. I woke up around 7:00 so I could running, I changed into a black sports bar, running shorts and running shoes and went for a 45 minute jog. I came back after my run and checked my phone, realizing I had missed a call from Robin.

"Hello? Sir? I'm sorry I missed your calls, did you need something?"

"Its alright, I just wanted to let you know that the conference is scheduled in two months time and there is also a convention we have to attend in Singapore"

"Oh okay, thank you sir"

"No problem , I'll be back with breakfast"

"Okay bye sir"

I took a quick shower and changed into a white top paired with a denim jacket and skinny jeans. I heard the front door open and went out to greet Robin.

"Morning sir!"

"Morning June, here I brought you some crepes from the bakery"

"They look delicious, thank you!"

Our morning was starting off great, we were discussing about how our company would benefit from merging with Ellis Corporation and it would be a mixed merger because we are looking at product/market extensions.

.....

Soon lunchtime came around and we ordered sushi for takeout, but I could see that something was stressing Robin out. He started acting snappy and when he had to answer calls I could tell that he had to hold his tongue, I wanted to ask him what was wrong but I didn't want to agitate his mood so I just left him alone. We were working in silence up until 8:00 when he asked

"June, this report has to be rewritten."

"But sir, I've rewritten it twice already"

"Well its not good enough"

"Well which part needs to fixed?"

"The entire thing"

"Why?"

"Because its just not good enough, go and fix it"

"Sir what is with you? You've been acting snappy this entire afternoon and you won't tell me how you want the report to be changed. You being stressed or whatever does not mean it's okay to take it out on me, I'll come back when you've cooled your temper"

I went to grab my coat and bag, put on my shoes and walked out the door. 

[Jeez, what is with him? His conversations were getting so tense, I could tell he was being forcibly polite and holding back his tongue. I wonder if it has to do with the convention or conference]

I walked around the park for a bit and then I started feeling hungry so I used google maps to find a good Chinese restaurant, there was one that I could walk to in 30 minutes. I headed over there and saw that there was no wait line, so I managed to get a table very quickly. I ordered some spicy chicken and ground pork noodles, the food arrived pretty fast and I dug in. [Wow the food here is amazing, there was a perfect blend of spices] . It was late by the time I finished up dinner so I started the long walk home, then I felt light drizzles which soon turned into pouring rain. My entire outfit was soaked and I looked liked I had just stepped out of the shower. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Robin's POV

[Damn it why did I have to be so hard on June? Now its pouring outside and I know June didn't even grab an umbrella, if she gets sick its all my fault]