•• westcoastdreams / Changed Review••

Changed by: Infinite_Flame004

Review by: westcoastdreams

Genre: Teen Fiction

Summary: Alexa and her mum are forced to move to a different country after the death of her father. Facing new challenges will she survive or drown whilst trying.

Will the truth find its way out...if it does is it too late?!

Cover 6.5/10: The cover is nice, I would click this cover if it appeared on my feed. Only problem, it's kinda blurry. If you ever need a cover check out our cover shop here The Gradient Guild.

Blurb/Description 8/10: Your blurb is short, sweet, and gets right to the point. I like it alot -- I recommend changing the last sentence to something that makes more sense though. You could say something like "Will the truth find its way out? If it does will it be too late?" Not a big change, just better sentence structure.

Grammar 4.5/10: You have quite a few grammatical errors and it can ruin the flow of the story at times. Your spelling is good for the most part. The main thing is not using periods or proper quotation when it is needed. You used ' <-- instead of the correct quotation mark --> " in your dialogue. To me this is a big problem. Dialogue can literally make or break a story and a character if you don't do it correctly your story flow is completely ruined. You also have a lot of sentences that don't have periods. All sentences need periods or they aren't sentences, just words in a line. If you want an editor, we have a few here at The Gradient Guild.

Plot 6.5/10: Most Teen Fiction plotlines are overused but honestly that's what makes Teen Fiction what it is. It's all about how you put your own spin on the cliche and make it yours. I like your storyline but I would like it alot better if you slowed it down a bit. I think that it's moving a bit too fast. I would've loved to see more of the individual relationships she has with each of her friends, or their reactions to her moving away. Your chapters are a good length but something you should refrain from doing a lot is switching in and out of POV's so easily. I found myself confused a lot of times.

Characters 8/10: In the beginning chapters, Alexa isn't a good person. She's a bully, spoiled, and also very self absorbed. You did a great job with letting us know exactly the kind of person she is. I think in the further chapters she changes, becomes more likeable. I would like to think that in the future the move and the downsize humbles her and shapes her into a more likeable character. There are also some moments where she does things entirely out of character -- like when she went to her new school she was suddenly shy and coy. In the chapter before that she was bold & brave. You want to avoid holes like this over such short periods of time. When a character changes give them time too, or else the feel of the story veers to an unrealistic. If real people don't change overnight then why should the people in our books?

Overall 6.7/10: Your book is good, and an easy read but I think that you can do more. I read some lines in your story and thought "Wow, that's a really good line." but I want to see more complexity. Go more into details with things like feelings, thoughts, outfits, the home they moved into, the new school. All of these things have room to be talked about.

Thanks for choosing me as your reviewer! Cheers!