•• Jevvylove / Once upon a curse Review••

Once upon a curse

By: @Unique-Majesty

Reviewer: @Jevvylove

https://www.wattpad.com/story/91348621-once-upon-a-curse-wattys2017

Genre: Mystery/Thriller

Summary:

A privileged beauty betrothed to a troublemaker against her will. Alexandra Kingston-- a troubled schizophrenic dealing with the loss of her parents. Jessica Robinson-- a girl shattered by a humiliating rejection from her long term crush. These three girls will be torn apart by an annual deadly curse that might or might not have connections with what's going on in their lives.Unfortunately, one out of the three girls has been chosen as the victim of the curse and the victims usuallly die in mysterious and horrible ways. While the entire village is under panic, tragedies soon take its place. Friendships will be tested. New romances will rise. Betrayals will become the norm. A war will break out. And someone will certainly die. Just what is this curse and why does it come to the village of Hadalee every year? Why does it even exist? What is its purpose?(Warning: Contains mature themes in first chapter)

Cover: 10/10

The cover is simple but ties with the story. I also like that you put that little quote on the cover, even without me reading the story, I'm already intrigued.

The quote- "I feel like someone is watching me" simple but I love it :)

Blurb/Description: 10/10

I chose the right decision on not putting a paragraph on each of the main characters life, but a sentence that is enough to sum up the whole thing, and keep the readers on their toes. I really like how the summary makes me feel like the book is going to be hell of an adventure by the way your wording.

Grammar: 9/10

your grammar is good, but maybe something here and there, but that's understandable, no one is perfect. But, if you do want your writing to be perfect you can always get an editor, or can get help from our edit team ~Enchanting Edits~ but it's your choice, but overall good job

Plot: 9/10

The overall plot is amazing and intriguing, but it could have been better to totally capture the reader's attention fully. A suggestion would be to put just a small summary that won't reveal too much, but just enough to keep the characters guessing and wanting more before going into the character's lives. Maybe the summary could be about what the people in the village think about how the whole curse started, or maybe a little history into it just to add more effect and emotional appeal in the story ~~ just a suggestion :)

Character: 9/10
The characters are well developed, and have enough to satisfy the readers, but it would be better to also make the reader feel emotionally connected with the readers also, instead of just putting action, so that therefore the readers will be able to know if they should hate, love, feel bad for the character.

Overall:

I absolutely love the idea of the book, and how the curse is o mysterious to everyone, which will cause the reader to wonder and start creating reasons for the curses existence (that's what I did, don't know about others). What I do suggest is try to put more of an emotional appeal for the characters for the first three characters, don't just tell there problems but go in-depth with how the characters feel because of the problem, (just a suggestion) 8/10