13. Sablier

And if I could stop the clocks
If I could make this moment mine
I'd make the most of a bad time
I wish I could stop the clocks
And wash away those lies
It's all that I could wish for
Tonight

Stop the Clocks - Donots

~~~

You really wondered what Sharon was going to do. The next day had arrived and it was still raining. The indignant sky was sending you his best storm. What had made it lose its temper? It would probably stay a mystery.

However, since it was pouring no one wanted to visit the graveyard, which is why the little excursion had to be cancelled again. As soon as the weather would get better, you'd visit Sharon's mom, the Lady had declared. And everyone agreed, except for Sharon, of course. You guessed she was now pouting in her room like a hurt dog.

You had no intention of looking after her though, who knows, maybe she'd bite.

Hanging around in your room, completely alone was on the other hand not really better than a bite mark.

You were still awkward around Break and Gil, but the former was no where to be found and the curly raven head was probably with Oz and Alice, so there was no reason to not see him and his friends.

You found them in the saloon as they were sticking their heads together in some kind of a circle as if they wanted to summon a demon.

"Ay!!" They looked up to you when they heard your shout.

"What are you planning?" You asked with a frown.

"That's nothing for you. Mind your own stuff!" Alice placed her hands on her hip.

How dare she be this rude to you? Gilbert stopped the two of you from starting a fight.

"You remember Alice lost her memory?"

Ah, of course. Everyone was looking for her memories to find out the truth about what happened in Sablier. How could you forget that? It was Break's reason to live.

"Yah."

They stared at you and then at themselves with a stressed expression.

"We can trust her, it's ok." Gil said.

"How can you be sure seaweed-"

"She's not really a part of them."

What the hell?

"Listen, we found it was a good idea to start searching where everything began...or rather ended..."

You widened your eyes. No, they weren't planning on...?

"And Reim's acting weird. I bet he's hiding something. He says you're not allowed to go there, because poisonous gas is around there and only the four dukes have permission to go near the hole. I saw him lying, we have to go there!" Oz continued.

"You want to go to Sablier?! Are you aware it's dangerous there?!" You were shaking Oz, your head red from screaming.

"Ha. Are you afraid, princess?"

Harshly, you pushed him away.

"Me? Afraid? Never!"

"In that case..." He smirked evilly, "I guess you will accompany us."

Your gaze wandered between Gil and him. There was a strange distance between them.

"What? Now?"

"Of course. No one is expecting us to go there. It's the perfect time!"

Actually, you had been happy you could stay at home during the storm.