11. Moving on & Forget-me-not's

A broken heart thinks everything is just fine
A broken metronome counts out the wrong time
People around say, I should let go
My mind is spinning and I desperately need a cure
I'm in a fantasy, blinded that's for sure
You used to love, that was awhile ago

Treble Heart - Anna Graceman

~~~

One pm. You were awake since ten am, but you hadn't left your room. It had been three days since you had come back and you were still way too embarrassed to talk to anyone, especially Gilbert and Break. Well, you actually didn't talk to that clown at all, so what did this incident even matter?

Had it refreshed your feelings for him? The ones you desperately tried to forget? Yes, and it made you feel terribly small. It was time for a new way to handle this. What did they say? One should miss the feelings, not the person, right?

...But that was hard... How could you even forget him when you lived in the same house?

Maybe you should move out. But this was a bit too extreme for the beginning.

Yes, the safest thing to do at the moment was to stay away from him. There was still the question, what to do on the upcoming "we remember Sharon's mom" day. You just hoped there would be enough people so you wouldn't have to see Break. If you were lucky he wouldn't even show up.

Although a part of you wished he did. There was this little piece of you that still hoped you could go back to being together one day.

Just why were you so desperate?

Now, if you would forget about the Break-problem for one moment, there still was the Gilbert-problem.

That day, he had led you to your room and left without saying anything.

Was he mad? Or worse, was he disgusted by you? Only when you had thought you could make friends with him this had to happen.

You heard someone knocking on your door. Shit. What now? Before you could plan out where to hide, the door was opened and Sharon stepped in your room.

"Hey..." She murmured as she sat down next to you on your bed. There was this tone of pity in her voice and you hated it.

"Hi..."

"I don't see you that often anymore, you are barely attending the meals... Did something happen?"

Well, except the fact that my life is falling apart, nothing much, thank you for asking.

"Nope."

"Oh come one! Don't lie to me! Is it about Gil? Did he do something to you."

"Actually... I did something to him... But it's not a big deal, so there's no need to talk about it." You forced your lips into a smile and faced her.

"Uh... I see. You know, I thought to lighten up the mood between the two of you, you should do something together. That's perfect because I need someone to go shopping for the party, so you and Gil are going to do that."

Your eyes nearly plopped out of their sockets. You were going to do what?!

Sharon let out a nervous giggle.

"No need to look like that, I bet you will be fine."

"But... I really don't want to!"

"Ah. I guess you didn't understand me well. I am not begging you, you have to go. This dark atmosphere is really annoying, so please don't say anything anymore and just do it. You are going this afternoon, I already told Gil so. He will pick you up at two, so be ready. And holy Lord, please do something with your hair!"

Sharon sighed, but then she stood up and left you alone again.