Rising tensions

Your morning alarm blared out, immediately joined by a chorus of disapproving groans in your bedrooms own lazy symphony. Your phone danced across the bedside table in another attempt to evade you fingers, but it didn't get very far. That was the second time you hit snooze.

The two bitties beside you happily curled back into your pillow, soaking-in the warmth and pointedly ignoring the first peaks of sunlight that snuck in through the window. It was really tempting to follow their lead, but you knew you had things to do today.

Your eyes opened with a jolt as you alarm blared out again, not even realizing you had fallen back asleep. You sat up to turn off the alarm this time, the dip nearly causing your bitties to tumble and they both clung to your resting hand in a pouting rebellion, refusing to even open their eyes.

"Nooo... go back to sleep"

Papyrus' voice was nearly whiny in its persuasion, but that didn't stop his brother from nodding along, the movement turning into more of a sleepy nuzzle against your hand.

"It's still early human, ten more minutes..." he mumbled, the rest of his argument caught within a yawn.

It was contagious, maybe you shouldn't have stayed up so late after all. Not that you were complaining a few hours ago when you started the third movie of your mini marathon, all cuddled up on the lounge.

Current (y/n), however, had a different perspective.

"No can-do guys, we got things to do today"

You tried to pry off their grip but they stubbornly pushed away your other hand, only holding on tighter in hopes you'll give in.

So be it.

You dragged yourself out of bed, simply taking the little stowaways with you in your zombie-like pace into the kitchen. Smiling at their childish whining you held them close, maybe you should put a bitty pocket in your pyjamas? That would make things easier.

On second thought- maybe not, you'll never get Papyrus out of there if you did.

Your plans of a cereal breakfast quickly changed to honey drizzled pancakes in a vain attempt to get back into their sleepy, good graces. Cooking proved to be particularly difficult single-handed, especially after Papyrus fell back asleep mid-cling, but you somehow managed.

Your betrayal proved harder to forgive however, and it wasn't until the sweetly coated food was plated on the table until either bitty released you.

"So-" Blue fought back another yawn
"What are we doing today, human?"

Both skeletons were still clad in their soft pyjamas, but at least Blue was making an effort to wake up. Unlike his brother, who had flopped back against the soft pads of your palm as soon as he had his fill.

Said lazybones hummed in curious agreement, but you still weren't entirely convinced he was even awake.

"Well we really need to go grocery shopping, so I thought we could get that out of the way first"
You explained as you rinsed up, one hand acting as a bed once again, but you seem to be getting the hang that now.

"Oh! And don't forget, you still need to greet your new neighbor as well!"
He seemed to perk up at the idea.

"I didn't forget" you assured, and you didn't. That was the reason for your early morning start after all. Well, not entierly, your kitchen cupboards were starting to look a little bare.

This wasn't the first time your dear old landlady had tried to push you into socializing with your neighbors after all, and you've got a couple tricks up your sleeve.