Anxious Endings: Part 1 of 2

This is it...the last day, what could Trunks possibly do at this point? He's used up all his tricks and he's used up all his tactics, yet nothing absolutely nothing has helped, at the least, to get closer to the blonde. What angered him the most is that he'd have to hear his mother say that she was right. Trunks glared down at the floor. It was a Saturday morning and here he was thinking what the hell was he going to do. Because, seriously what could he do legally...or even morally...

Leaning forward Trunks snatched his phone off of the table, unlocking it and searching through it. In his mind trying to think as to why in the world he was even trying. Then quickly remembering...he's Trunks Ouji Briefs he won't give up even if the odds were totally and utterly against his favor. His thumb shook as he pressed the green button, gulping as he lifted the phone to his ear. The dial ringing several times before hearing a wisp of air blow through the speakers of the other line.

Trunks, seemingly enough, held in his breath starting tentatively at the wall before hearing a soothe and questioning, "Hello?"

The CEO ran a hand through his hair, side glaring his phone before finally clearing his throat from the massive lump that didn't allow him to even let out a word. "Marron, hey!" Sounded a bit too friendly for his taste...maybe he should have come off a bit softer on her.

"Mr. Briefs?" She asked almost immediately upon hearing the raspy modulated voice. "Why are you calling it's a Saturday...is there any weekend work today?"

Immediately the lavender-haired man shook his head and cleared his throat letting Marron quiet down for a second. "No, no...I just wanted to know if you..," was he really going to say this, it was practically going against everything he said he wouldn't do, "Wanted to uh...go out somewhere?"

The pure and utter silence actually made him scared for a second. Why wasn't she responding? He knew she was there, her breathing was there! Before Trunks got to say anything Marron butted in saying, "Oh, Mr. Briefs you know-"

Trunks cut her off mid-sentence, "No, no we aren't at work, call me Trunks."

A somewhat annoyed sigh came from the other side, "Trunks you know asking me out isn't appropriate."

Now it was his turn to scoff, she's pretty full of herself if she thought he was asking her out...well actually he was, but that wasn't his point! "I just wanted to, you know, uh, go somewhere...it wasn't like I was trying to ask you out...sheesh." The lavender-haired CEO nonchalantly placing a hand on his scalp, cheeks feeling quite warm and a tad red...which is odd. Did he have a fever, why was his face feeling so hot?

"Oh really?" A questioning tone which forced a smirk across Trunks' face. "Because...it sounds like it."

Royal blue orbs rolled back, "Don't believe what you hear, Marron." He returned hesitantly now looking down to his phone, "Listen, is that a yes or a no...y'know I'm impatient."

Marron subconsciously began to suck her lower lip, until the full lower lip had disappeared into her mouth. What was she to say? Yes could mean some overly extravagant place, and no could mean he'd annoy her even more after this 'bet' is over. "Depends...where are we going?"

Trunks paused, trying to think of a place to go with her before a simple idea snapped into his head. "Eh, nowhere special in particular why?"

Marron, however, had no practical way of taking that. Nothing special could be an extremely elegant restaurant to a billionaire. "...Alright then...just this once, don't get any ideas." The blonde warned ever-so sternly.