CH27- just walk away

Louis didn't know how but he found himself at a party. 

He had managed to turn back on his phone and when he did there were a bunch of texts from Alayna, Zayn, Niall, and Liam, begging him to go to a party, At first Louis declined and went back to crying his eyes out once again, but Alayna had showed up at his house anyways, Louis couldn't blame her, it had been a whole two weeks since Harry broke off all contact with Louis so it was natural for his friends wanting to hang out with him after he ignored all of them for two weeks straight, none of them knew what was happening with him so it was natural for them not to be cautious or wary with the blue eyed lad, so that's how Louis found himself sitting in the kitchen of a stranger's house next to Alayna as Liam and Zayn played beer pong. The music was blaring and Louis hated it, he had been offered a few drinks but Louis declined having drunken anything before. 

He was trying to enjoy himself but he couldn't do that with the heavy feeling in his heart, he had faked a smile here or there but Alayna seemed to notice they weren't genuine because she turned to look at him, "I'm sorry for making you come here, I just thought it would be fun to hangout." She had to get close to him in order for Louis to hear her and Louis only waved her off, telling her it was fine and that he was happy to be around them, in wasn't a lie, he was happy to see his friends but he wasn't thrilled to be at a party with louis music when he'd rather be at home dealing with his sadness, but of course his friends didn't know that. 

Eventually Niall and Alayna had went against each other in beer pong and both Liam and Zayn went to get more drinks, leaving Louis to sit by himself on a chair in the far back of the kitchen causing the night to become even worst. Louis was sure the only thing that could make the night more horrible than it was, was if his parents found out he wasn't home, and that was when he looked up from the ground, his eyebrows furrowing and his eyes burning when he saw Harry near the wall at the beginning of the kitchen, it hurt. It hurt just seeing him there after not seeing him for two weeks, it hurt seeing the person that caused the sadness because all Louis could think about was Harry driving away, it hurt like a bitch, but although it hurt, it didn't burn. 

What burned was seeing the same girl from Alayna and Liam's flat complex with him.

And what killed him... 

What killed him was the fact that Harry had her pressed against the wall, his lips locked with hers. 

Louis didn't bother telling Alayna he was leaving, he just got up and left through the screen door. 

---

Louis sighed once he got home, he was pretty sure his eyes were bloodshot red by now and what made it worst was that Jerome's parent's car was parked outside, so as sneakily as he could he went to the bathroom and put in a few eye drops to make the redness go away before thinking of a good enough excuse in case his parents noticed he was gone, once his eyes went back to their normal color Louis went downstairs, falsely smiling at his parents as well as Jerome's parents, wondering why Jerome himself wasn't there. 

"Oh honey! We were just gonna go get you, we wanted to let you sleep a little more." Louis let out a relieved breathe when he realized his parents didn't feel the need to go and check up on him, "Jerome's outside in the backyard, you can out there if you want." Louis didn't say anything, only nodding, pausing as he looked over to the four adults before he opened the back door to go into the backyard, he took in the smile on their faces and his mind traveled to yesterday when Jerome had come over, it was weird that his parents talked to him alone without Louis, and that's when Louis decided the universe hated him and someone was out to get him because when putting piece and piece together there was only one logical thing Louis could think of, and it was making him want to disappear. 

Shakily Louis went outside to where Jerome was, ignoring the fact that he could hear their parents following him, much to Louis' dismay there Jerome was, ring on one hand and kneeling and waiting for Louis to get closer, and yeah Louis was fucked. 

---

There wasn't a speech or anything, Jerome just popped the question and it wasn't like Louis could say no, this was his life, he knew that he was going to have an arranged marriage for such a long time and it was time to just suck it up and deal with life, so that night he laid in ned with Jerome, ring on his engagement finger and tears flowing down his cheeks because he was now engaged with someone he didn't want to be engaged to whilst the person he had feelings for was probably fucking someone else. 

It was Harry's fault. 

It was is fault that he didn't love Jerome, before Harry had come along Louis was fine with everything, he was convinced he loved Jerome and he was okay with the arranged marriage, it was his fault that he cried everyday since that night, it was Harry's fault Louis was now doubting himself because he was sure Harry was only using him and got bored. 

Louis frowned further as he thought about, maybe he wasn't enough and that's why Harry stopped, Louis had to hold a hand over his hand so that he didn't let out a sob and wake up Jerome, Louis didn't know why, he and Harry weren't dating and they never would so Louis hated himself for feeling so attached to him, glancing at the ring on his finger Louis shook his head, his life was going to shit and he was afraid of what could possibly happen next.