seven

mild trigger warning: depressing thoughts and panic attack. b safe.

side note, picture is the layout of ty's apartment. thought it made sense.

•*•*•*•*•

The first thing that Tyler's sleep-fogged mind was able to comprehend was that he was way too warm.

Being that his apartment was basically one big room with a single heating vent, in the kitchen no less, it wasn't especially cozy. Still, it was a sharp contrast to the cold outside, so Tyler didn't mind if he woke up a little numb most of the time.

But right now, he was practically sweating.

Keeping his eyes closed, he fumbled to push away his covers but was met with something more solid draped over his back instead. With a frown, he reached out again when a deep sigh echoed through his apartment, freezing Tyler in place.

For a moment, he didn't move, hardly even breathed.

When it stayed silent, Tyler opened one eye slowly, wondering who the hell was in his room. It took him a second, but when he realized, his other eye flew open and he jolted in surprise. He would have probably scrambled to the other side of the bed in panic if his mind hadn't dimly reminded him that he was currently still locked in his...guest's grip.

Josh was in his bed. In his bed. Something about that sent a thrill through his system, but it was dulled by his surprise at the whole situation. He was still asleep, thankfully, and for some reason Tyler found himself unable to look away. He just looked so...peaceful.

His entire face was relaxed, sparking something envious in Tyler's chest, as he didn't think he'd ever slept with that much abandon. And even with his mouth hanging slightly open and his pink hair curling wildly enough to make his fingers twitch, it made Tyler's heart thud wildly in his chest. Out of nerves, most likely, and he knew he should look away, but he couldn't do it. It was like he was stuck.

But then Josh mumbled something, shifting slightly and sending a flash of heat through Tyler as he finally noticed where he was laying.

He was on top of Josh. Completely on top of him.

Somehow, during the night as they'd been asleep, Tyler had managed to work his way onto Josh's torso, with him in between the pink-haired mans legs and his face buried into his chest. Which explained why he was still too warm, at least, but he doubted Josh would care about Tyler's current temperature if he woke up with him like that.

More warmth spread through him as he realized that he'd have more than that to explain if he didn't hurry up and move. He hadn't noticed before, but two very...precarious areas of the human anatomy were way too close for Tyler's physical comfort at the moment.

Sometimes he hated being a guy.

Carefully, so as not to wake the sleeping Josh, he reached back and grasped the arm draped over his own waist. Keeping an eye on him, he slowly  slid it off and bit his lip, setting it down gently on the bed at his side.

When he gave no signs of waking, he let out a breath and put his hands on either side of Josh's hips, pushing himself up and away from the very warm- and very firm, his mind supplied cheekily- body underneath his own to shift one leg to the outside of Josh's, towards the edge of the bed.

But suddenly Josh grunted, rolling unexpectedly to his side and shoving Tyler off balance. Desperately, he tried to catch himself as he fell, but only succeeded in entangling himself in the sheets and tumbling off the bed to land on his ass on the floor with a loud thud, giving a rather unmanly yelp in the process.