chapter twenty-four.

Lilly

I woke up to the smell of breakfast. Grabbing my pre-planned from the night before, I got ready for the day and made my way downstairs.

"Lewis!" I called out but received no reply.

I was about to call out his name once again when I walked into the kitchen and saw them. My father and mother.

"I thought you guys were in Spain for 2 months?" I stuttered, putting stray hairs behind my ear.

"We came home early to see you" Dad stated, taking a sip of his coffee. "Please sit."

Complying with his wishes, I sat down. "If you don't mind me asking, why did you come to see me?"

Everything went silent for a bit until Father spoke again. "I know you've been hanging around those people again."

"The Gallaghers? I'm 100 percent certain I haven't-"

Father slammed his fists down on the table making the whole room go quiet. "How dare you lie to me when I have physical evidence?"

I looked over at the back door that revealed Lewis entering. "You really think I was here to babysit you?"

I stared blankly towards him, not sure if this was a nightmare or reality. A phone, which I assumed was Lewis', was displaying a picture of Carl and I kissing. 2 men had entered the room and grabbed me, leading me towards the front door.

"Most of your bags are in the car, I'll send the rest to you soon" father said, eyes still focused on the newspaper page he's been staring at for the last minute.

Carl
Debbie and I were chilling on the couch when we heard yelling outside.

"It sounds like-"

"Lilly"

We rushed out and saw two guys holding her. "Hey! Put her down!" I yelled as I walked up to them.

The two men put Lilly down and placed bags into the trunk of their family car.

I rushed over to Lilly and hugged her. "What's going on?"

She lifted her head and met my eyes, A few stray tears falling. "My father is sending me off to a boarding school."

As those words left her lips, it suddenly became harder to breath. "No... no he can't take you away from me" I managed to say before emotions had kicked in.

The two of us stood there, holding eachother for whatever time we had left, wishing for this to be a dream.

"Ma'am, I'm sorry to intrude, but it's time to go" Jonathan stated, holding the door to the vehicle open.

Lilly nodded and turned back to face me. She placed her lips onto mine, our final kiss.

As we pulled apart she spoke. "I'll never forget you Carl Gallagher."

While the car drove out of view I continued to stare in the direction.

"I'll never forget you Lilly Mathews."

A/N That's the end of the book my lovely people. I hope you've enjoyed it.