chapter nineteen.

Lilly
I rushed to the kitchen and looked for an ice pack.

"You got him good?" A familiar voice laughed.

"Lewis? When did you get here? Why are you here? No offense"

"None taken. I got here 2ish hours ago, and I'm babysitting you for 2 months, your parents and mine went to Spain." He walked around the kitchen island and looked at my hand.

"It hurts like a bitch." I winced as I placed the ice on it.

He gasped and placed his hand over his mouth, "oh dear baby cousin Lilliana, why speak such vile words?"

We both laughed and sat in the living room. Lewis peered outside of the window and spoke up.

"What's there to do in this neighborhood?"

---

"And that's the hell hole I call school." I pointed as we walked past it.

We turned the corner into some alley, Lewis said it was some sort of shortcut. Walking down the alley, I saw Carl's and Debbie's familiar figures.

"Uh Lewis, let's turn around."

"Seriously?"

He turned to face me, but saw I was serious. He nodded and we continued the way we came.

---

"So what happened in the alley?" Lewis asked, taking a sip of his lemonade.

"It's a long story." I trailed off looking out the window hoping Lewis would drop it.

"Well", he jumped onto the spot next to me, "we've got plenty of time."

---

"So let me get this straight, your father is going to send you to some school in Europe if you get seen talking to them."

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed, "pretty much."

"That must be pretty stressful."

"Tell me about it."

"Let have a chill night." Lewis suggested.

I smiled and hugged him. "I'll order the pizza and you get the blankets and movies ready."

---

"Ya know, I never thought I'd be on my cousin's roof at 11:31pm staring at stars with her." He brought the cigarette up to his mouth.

"Same here." I took the cigarette and placed it in between my lips.

"Since when do you smoke?"

"Since now." I exhaled and a cough attack followed.

Lewis let out a low chuckle and shook his head. "I can tell."

"Thanks."

He turned towards me with a confused look. "For what?"

"For being here and doing this." A stray tear rolled down my cheek.

He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my shoulder. "Aww don't be going all soft on me."

We laughed as I pulled away. "Let's go inside before I decide to push you off the roof."

"I think that's a good idea, I didn't really feel like breaking my legs tonight."

---

Carl
I looked away from the window and got back into bed.

"She's already moved on."