Chapter Thirteen [EDITED]

橋  Hashi 

"I told that Ohnoki-baka not to let him into the explosion corps."

"What are you talking about Yoru?"

"Deidara. He was in the Explosion Corps in Iwa, around ten years younger than me. I met him a couple times while talking to the Tsuchikage."

"Why does that matter now?"

"I knew about his abilities, although it was vaguely. I shouldn't have rushed into battle like that, Sasuke could have gotten hurt a lot worse if I didn't recognize what he was doing."

"Yoru, it's not your fault for not knowing."

"It was a stupid mistake. One that I shouldn't have-"

"Yoru," Kakashi reprimanded. "Quit beating yourself up over something that you can't change. It's in the past."

She looked up at him, startled and with tears in her eyes. Then, she smiled.

"You're right. I'm sorry Kakashi, thank you."

He smiled down softly at her, forgetting that the rest of their team was staring at the exchange with smiles of their own. The moment was soon interrupted though as Tsunade walked in. She informed them that they needed to leave tomorrow to go talk with Sasori's informant with or without Yoru. To this statement Yoru scowled and stood up, using chakra to power her limbs. Tsunade blinked at her in surprise and asked to speak with her alone later.

Yoru was confused but agreed nonetheless. Sakura moved to get Yoru's things while Tsunade was leaving. She and Kakashi offered to walk them home and even stay for dinner since it was Yoru's first night out of the hospital. She could not help but accept, she really did love them all together. When they got to Yoru's home, she stepped into her room to shower while everyone else made dinner. She was pleasantly surprised when she came out to the table already set with food sitting out. She thanked them and everyone started eating.

Everyone was talking about their day in between bites, until Sakura asked a question, "Hey Yoru, when are we sending invitations for your engagement party?"

Yoru blushed in response, "I guess after tomorrow's mission."

Naruto had looked between her and Kakashi alarmed, "You proposed to my onee-san without telling me?!"

"Did you not see the ring on her finger, dobe?"

Sakura was laughing at this point as was Yoru.

"Boys, calm down. We're having the party in a couple weeks and we haven't even decided on the wedding date yet."

"Does your dad know?" Naruto questioned.

It was Kakashi's turn to interject. "Yes, he does. I asked for his blessings first," he stated matter-of-factly.

Naruto started pouting as Yoru looked at the time. She told them she was going to excuse herself to go talk to the Hokage and that Sakura and Kakashi were free to stay as long as they liked. She kissed Kakashi on top of his head and ruffled the kids' hair.

It was nearing night time as she walked to the Hokage's office, so the streets were starting to empty and the lights were flickering to life. Yoru had always liked the night, which was ironic considering she was named after it. She knocked on the door and Shizune opened it. Tsunade was seated at her desk and the man she recognized as Yamato was standing in the room.

"I'm not sure if you two had formally met, but this is Yamato, and Yamato this is Yoru."

He bowed slightly to her, "Pleasure to meet you."