“I love you.” I declare and she makes a show of rolling her eyes.

“Shut up. It’s not me you're looking for. Unless...”

She raises her eyebrows suggestively and I smile at her attempts to make me laugh. She stands up and smiles sweetly my way. “Whatever. Any girl or guy would be lucky to have this.”

“I mean if he wants years of sure to be heartache then maybe...”

I don’t even have time to duck as a plastic cup flies through the air and hits me upside the head. Rubbing the  sudden sore spot, I glare over at her and she shrugs innocently.

“It slipped.”

I shake my head and throw it back to her. She catches it smoothingly and sits it slowly on the counter. “Come on,” She starts before picking up a bowl of chips and shaking it.

“Let’s get this party started.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I’m leaning against the wall, a beer in one hand and my mind more on the people around me than on the music currently blaring from the speakers Jessie and I set up earlier.

Some time during the night couches have been pushed against the walls and tables stacked against the edge of the stairs. In the middle of the now cleared living room, people grind and dance along to the rap music.

Sighing, I bring the cup to my mouth and grimace at the watered down taste. I hated beer more than anything, but if I wanted to get through with this night, I needed all the liquid courage I could get.

Shaking my head, I look back and and see if Jacks has made it yet.

The party started about two hours ago and so far Jacks and his posse still haven't showed up. Either they were trying to be fashionably late or they just didn’t care about coming in the first place. But, if I knew Jacks, he would be here soon.

I’m about to take another sip of my beer when a loud shout draws everyone's attention to the top of the stairs. A guy in a dark hoodie and a motorcycle helmet stands at the top, his half-gloved hands high in the air with excitement.

A few people at the edge of the stairs copy the move and then scream for more effect. Even though I can’t see his face under the helmet, I know the guy is smiling at the attention.

Rolling my eyes, I set my drink on a side table and try to find Jessie. Whatever the guy planned on doing I’m sure nothing good could come out of a guy wearing a helmet and gloves.

I push past a girl with bright blonde hair, her sneer making me want to push her all over again. Finally, when I get at the edge of the crowd, I find Jessie at the base of the stairs, her cup raised high toward the guy at the top.

I reach forward and grab her arm, forcing her to turn around. Drink swooshes out of her plastic cup and lands on the hardwood floor, her frown indicating just how upset she is over it.

“Jessie,” I breath, loud enough for her to hear me over the shouting and cheers. “You need to stop this guy. Who knows what he has planned!” Jessie brings her free hand up and waves the idea away dismissively.

“Grace!” She slurs brightly while leaning toward me.

“He’s fine. I told him he can do it.”

I eye Jessie a few seconds before I bring my gaze back to the guy. Someone else has joined him and was handing him a rope. A rope that was connected the the chandelier in the middle of the living room.