Episode 6: Adults Only

I've never been much of a birthday celebrator. But eighteen is a pretty big milestone in life, so I thought I should at least attempt to have some fun with it. 

When I woke up from my midday nap, Sam was busy doing research, while Dean was sitting upright with my head on his lap. I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looking around the room.

"Thank God you're finally awake, I've had to take a leak for over a fucking hour!" Dean exclaimed while running to the bathroom. He didn't even close the door.

"Close the fucking door, dumbass!" I got up to close the door, shielding my eyes and giggling. Sure, I'd love to see those parts of Dean, just not like this. 

Sam looked up from his laptop and rolled his eyes. 

"I'm glad you woke up, I was sure he was going to explode," he smiled at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "If he had to go that bad why didn't he just wake me up?"

"Well he didn't want to interrupt your sleeping..."

The bathroom door opened and Dean came back into the room.

"I mean come on, a pretty girl like you with her head resting comfortably on my lap for three hours? Yeah, like I'm gonna end all that just because I have to pee."

I rolled my eyes.

"But seriously," Dean continued, "you've needed some serious rest for a while. I'd be a horrible person if I didn't wait for you to wake up on your own."

"That's actually pretty sweet," I smirked at Dean's soft side peeking through.

We were all quiet for a moment, before I decided to come to them about potential birthday plans.

"Hey guys, can I ask you a question?" I rubbed my neck apprehensively.

Both of them exchanged confused yet slightly intrigued looks. 

"So my birthday is, well, today and since it's the big one eight I thought we should take the night off from running around like Ghostbusters and celebrate. What do you guys think?"

Dean furrowed his eyebrows. "It's your birthday. It's your birthday? Today?"

Sam smiled. "Yeah, Dean, how could you not know today's her birthday? We've known her since like the dawn of time, man. And happy birthday Scarlett. I would've told you earlier but I know you're not too into making a big deal out of things."

"How come nobody ever tells me these things?! You never told me today was your birthday."

I smiled. This was so like them. Sam remembering the date and simultaneously knowing my preferences and Dean being completely oblivious.

Sam laughed. "So what are you thinking of doing for this special night?" He looked up at me from the table he was sitting at.

I shrugged. "Honestly I don't care. I just feel like I should celebrate it. It is eighteen, after all."

"Do you guys have any ideas?"

Dean raised his hand. "Ooh! Me! Pick me!" He had a stupid little grin on his face that looked like it belonged on a five-year-old. 

"What's your glorious idea?"

"We should go to that bar like two minutes away, the one that we passed on the way here?"

"Dean, I don't think Scarlett wants to spend this major milestone in her life at a bar getting wasted..."

They both looked at me to settle the debate.