Prayer 5

Psalm 51:10 NIV 

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 

Dear Lord, 

My actions sometimes don't reflect my character. I don't want to just walk through this life without acknowledging your presence or asking you father God for help. I want to cling to your every word and step in sync with you father. My heart is sometimes filled with bitterness and resentment. I know that I only want what you want for me, but sometimes the sins of my past try to haunt me. I ask father that you would cleanse my heart and strengthen my inner being. I know only your supernatural hands can do such a thing. No human can ignite the flame I need to continue on my walk with you, but you. No human can complete me, but you. No human can be as a good of a friend as you. I ask that you would help me wait on you Lord as you complete your process in me. Let me not waver from my race or quit. Let me continue to take in your word and store it up for future use as well. Let your holy fire God embrace my broken places and make me whole. Thank you for always caring and comforting my soul. In Jesus Christ name amen.

Reflection Points:

Have you allowed people to come before God? Reflect on a particular circumstance where you have allowed people to replace God? How can you make steps in your personal life to go to God first when you have an issue or problem?

What verse in the Bible can you use to strengthen your walk with the Lord?

How can you take steps this week to keep God first? What is one thing you can do to help you with your walk with God? (Ex. Wake up a few minutes earlier than usual and meditate on the word of God)