14| The Unexpected Reveal

"Come on Loie, you should wake up." A voice that belonged to Kate said.

You know that awful moment when you wake up? Yeah, it happens everyday.

"And you should fuck off. Leave me alone." I responded, cuddling with my pillow.

"Wake up!" She said, enthusiasticly. God, how can she be so energetic on the morning.

"Sleeping fights cancer." I mumbled.

"Oh come on. I made pancakes." She practically pleaded.

"Alright!" I replied. Setting up straight, but immediately laying down again. I did my morning routine, and by morning routine I mean trying to get as much sleep before Kate comes back.

"Chloe!"

"Alright, alright. I'm up!" I shouted.

I went to the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I took a quick shower, and got dressed up, before heading downstairs. I was immediately greeted by the delicious smell of pancakes.

"Oh, hey Loie!" Kate greeted, once she noticed my presence. I decided that I would talk to her about the text message that I read yesterday.

It's now or never.

"Hey Kate. I actually wanted to talk to you." I said, while preparing myself a cup of coffee.

"Spill." She said. And god, this wasn't as easy as I expected.

"I accidentally read some texts message from your phone. I mean, who's that Alexander kid?" I asked.

"Oh." Was all what she said.

Seriously?

"I mean. It's not my place to tell you this. You can meet up with him, and he'll tell you everything. I know that you know him, so no excuses. And now, I really should go for work. Have a great day, Loie." She said, and left.

Everything? What am I supposed to conclude from this?

Realizing that I don't have any way to contact him, I ran behind Kate. "Hey wait up! Can I at least get his phone number?" I shouted. She stopped and gave me a piece of paper with a phone number written on it.

How could someone be that fast?

Grabbing my phone from my pocket, I quickly typed his phone number.

Me:
- Meet me at the park near my home in 10.

I immediately got a reply.

Alex:
- who's this

Me:
- Santa Claus, duh.

Alex:
- I'm serious.

Me:
- And I'm Chloe Bergman. Nice to meet you!!

Alex:
- I know you!

Me:
- You sure do.

Me:
- like I said, meet me in the park at 10. We need to talk.

Alex
- Isn't that dangerous? Meeting strangers at parks?

Me:
- Oh come on, the both of us know perfectly well that I know who you are.

Alexa
- Fair point. Meet you there at 10.

I quickly ran upstairs to my room. I put on a random pair of black jeans with a t-shirt. I decided that I would put on a sweatshirt since the weather wasn't the best.

I practically ran down to the park. Not the best choice for lung cancer survivors. I could feel my heart beating rapidly inside my chest, only that it wasn't from running too fast, but from nervousness.

After what seemed like ages, I finally saw Alexander. His soft blonde hair was fluttering in the wind. His grey eyes met mine and he made his way to my direction.

"So it's you!" I said, smiling.

"How did you get my number though?" He asked, sitting down on the bench beside me.

"Kate." I replied briefly, with a slight smile.

"So, Miss Bergman. Why did you decide to meet up?" He asked.

"Explain." I said coldly.

"What?" He asked, clearly dumbfounded.

"Explain everything. I saw the texts between you and Kate. I need explainations! What do you have to do with everything? Is my father alive? How are we related? Are you in contact with him? What are you planning on doing with Walter Hays? Since when are you and Kate in touch? Why are you stalk-" I started with too many questions. I needed to know everything going out there.

"Tsk, tsk! Shut up, I'll explain!" He cut me off.

Wow, I really didn't know that I was that annoying.

"Alright, let me explain. I guess Drake or whatever that block's name was told you everything about dad. He- " He started but I cut him off quickly.

"Wait what? Dad?" I asked?

Dad?

"I'm getting there!" He said impatiently. "When dad got into that accident, he obviously didn't die, he escaped though. He didn't go through hospitals or any of that shit, it was too risky, knowing that he's a criminal, and there's no way he could get back to the team. One year after the accident, he and my mom got married, and then came me.

"My life wasn't as easy though. Dad and mom got divorced shortly after, and I got left with him. I grew up, he requested I join Walter Hays on Static X, to keep an eye on you. Basically, Static X is to safe people from whatever the hell you're doing. So it's a win-win situation. I got to save people and know that my sister is safe."

"So, you're my half brother, and you're trying to 'rescue me' from all these people?" I asked.

"Pretty much yes. Whatever you're doing is not that easy of a thing. You do know that Walter Hays is still searching for you, right?" He said.

"So if we were in a fairy tale, I would be the bad witch, and you would be the good guy?" I asked.

"Actaully no, don't answer that." I said, when he opened his mouth to explain.

"So, why don't you easily give me to Walter Hays? That way you can stop me." I asked with all seriousness.

"I said I'm keeping an eye on you, not trying to kill you." He replied.

"So, my father is alive, and I have a half-brother who is really hot" I said, taking by his features.

"Yes." He replied, satisfied with the last part.

"Wait, and how did you know Kate?" I asked.

"That is for me to keep and for you to find out. Now if you excuse me, I have a meeting to attend." He said "See you later, Sis." He got up and went towards the exit of the park, leaving me stunned behind him.