6 . noah

On Monday morning, I was sitting on the school bus, listening to music on my phone, when one of my classmates, Noah Jones, sat beside me.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Um. . . sitting next to you on the bus?" Noah replied, sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Exactly. Why are you sitting next to me?"

"Because I want to. . .?"

"Exactly! Why do you want to?"

"When did you get so annoying, Madeline?"

"Since forever. . . but you've never realized 'cause you never interact with me AKA not sitting next to me on the bus."

"What are you talking about? Of course I realize! We're besties!"

"Shut up, Noah." I dismissed the conversation. But Noah, being the super annoying person that he always is, started to say something again. That is. . . until I saw something peeking out of his bag: a black hoodie with a lot of money on top of it.

Maybe a coincidence. . . but could it be that Noah was the person who sent me the text last night?

I knew that Noah was a prankster. He liked to joke around. Sometimes, maybe he'd even send that text to get money. But I have a feeling that he said his name started with the letter 'M' was not coincidence. I mean, how could he possibly know?

My thoughts are absolutely jumbled up. I feel like I don't know anything anymore. But one thing's for sure: I can't trust anyone.