Aftermath

Hannah

There's no air coming through the vent. I told Dad to get it fixed a week ago before I came on. He promised he would but I guess the store's latest finances didn't pull through.

My high school featured better air conditioning. When I felt that cool stream on the hairs on my neck, I am instantly yanked into another reality where no heat was ever present, either literal or metaphorically. As I laid with my eyes gazing upon the yellow bare ceiling, I wondered how school responded to the news.

Not too long ago, I handled a situation that some wouldn't agree to. Every time someone looked at me (like a member from church or a customer who has a problem with a certain product), their pupils would expand once they discovered the sealed wounds surrounding my wrists. Their looks showed disgust or hatred. Sometimes maybe a hint of fear.

These type of issues never ended and I would always limp off upstairs. Mom pursued to comfort me and question my mood at the current time. I'd ignore, staring away at the view of sunny yards or stormy weather with trash tumbling down streets.

This would leave my mother crying in her room. Before nightfall, she would tell Dad that I hated her. It's not that I hate her. I will always care for my mother but I failed one simple job. That job was to end a life that no longer had connection to anyone. My life.

So here I am now. Stuck in a purgatory until some God comes down to show the way to my fate.

It would get lonely at times but I like it at the same time. I wanted no one to come and say "I'm sorry" or "Get well soon". It's sweet but shallow and overused with no meaning. Even when Dad screwed up something in my room, he'd apologize without thought. I feel like his mistakes cause him to stress in grief. I'm here. There's no need for being upset.

12:34 PM.
It's hard not being wanted at a school or at home. Time could not speed up quickly. I had to leave this house now.

Setting aside my differences, I rested my feet upon the slick, wooden floor before easing up and making my way to my closet. After I placed on the coat my distant uncle left me at the hospital, which was decorated in pretty purple flowers and white patched suns, I walked slowly down the stairs to the front door in my brown boots. The storm from outside had reached my ears.

From the other side, the rain came down pretty hard. Clouds echoed their color onto the ground of our little town and traffic was questionable since it felt so empty. But the atmosphere matched my mood. I figured a stroll through the park wouldn't be much for a few minutes.