Broken. -1-

Broken.

The words echoed in my head for the hundredth time.

Yup that's me and that's all I'll ever be.

"Were here" my social worker Angie said.

This isn't the first time I heard those words.

I just stared at the house it was big unlike all the other ones.

"Don't worry about this family, their nice I did a background check... hey, have faith" Angie spoke she put her hand on my shoulder assuring me that it would be ok.

'Have faith'

One of the things I lost years ago.

I looked back at the house and I noticed a curtain close and the door opend.

There stood, the people that adopted me... yep adopted... not the family that just had to take me in so they can get paid.

They actually want me.

Well, according to Angie they do.

"Ready?" Angie spoke again, still not a word came out of my mouth, I just simply nodded.

We got out of the car, I got to see them more clearly.

The woman looked beautiful, her hair was just past the shoulder and it was Brown. her eyes are blue.

The mans eyes were Brown, and his hair dirty blond. Two kids popped up from behind on the doorway I couldn't really see their faces.

They both smiled, and it wasnt... fake.

It was as if they were happy to see me.

'That's a first'

I forced my self to smile. These people seem nice why would they want me, they seem wealthy, so it's not for the money. they have their own two kids, so it's not cause they couldn't reproduce a child, and their obviously not people that like their own gender... so what is it?

"Hi darling, what's your name" the man asked grabbing the luggage I was previously holding from my hand.

"Um, Megan" I say trying not to keep eye contact, it's just a thing I do if I feel like I'm gonna burst out crying.

"Well Megan let's come inside so you can meet our kids and settle down in your room" said the woman, she took my bags up along with her husband.

Angie followed behind us, to see the house, and have them sign papers.

I walked up the porch and stopped at the doorway.

I gathered all my confidence and stood there for a couple seconds and walked in.

The living room looked amazing a flat screen tv that hung on the white wall, a 'L' shaped beige couch a love seat on the side of it, a round glass coffee table to tie it all up.

Their kids just stared at me like I'm a chicken with three heads.

Oh well, I'm used to this, I'll give them the rest of they're life to hate me

"Well let's get you settled in your room, give you a tour of the house" Angie's eyes wondered the room, as the woman spoke. I didn't catch their names yet.

We walked upstairs and I saw a ton of pictures of the happy family.

The one thing I never had, but always wanted.

I walked up stairs following the Mr. and Mrs. we stopped at a plain white door.

"Here you go, your room" the man smirked as he opened the door, their was... an empty room, well if you don't include the boxes...