Chapter 3

Children are told

To Expect the Unexpected

Everyone Expected world peace

What humanity got?

A war which resulted in humanity vanishing

Before eyes

The beauty of Earth

Was gone

And here I was,

born after the war that raged

Who did nothing to deserve

Any of this

What's the final bomb to save us all?

The answer?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last part of the page was torn off in this very poetic history book. I turn the page to see that was the last of this book even though there were many, many pages there unfilled with words. I set the book in my stack of finished books, I was honestly running out of books to read.

I open my door and find the library to find something not related to history, I would like to read something, not history before I die. I grab a pile of books and head back to my room. I set down the books and find the book I want to read, I end up with: To Kill a Mockingbird

Quite honestly, I'm quite surprised they have a book written by a human in their library. I settle in and start reading it.

A few hours later, I hear a knock on the door, I memorize the page number and set the book on the bedstand. I open the door and look out to see Sabien standing there.

He clears his throat, "My parents would like to have the meeting now Aaril."

I nod and follow Sabien to a conference room and sit down in a chair across from Sabien.

Sabien's father starts, "Thank you for coming here today everyone," I scoff a bit like I had a choice, "We are here to discuss the human Aaril and the human population."

All the people, but myself, nod.

He turns to me, "So Aaril, tell us about yourself."

I want to spit profanities at him, but I hold my tongue, "As you already know, my name is Aaril. I've been alive 17 years. I have never encountered vampires or werewolves before, till now because I assume some of you are vampires, I raise my voice a little, "Due to me being alone my whole life! You hear that! Alone!"

I cross my arm and lean back signaling I was done talking.

"Well Aaril my son, Sabien, will be taking care of you because he has a liking for you and chose to keep you alive. Now to the human population. Aaril, do you know of any surviving humans?"

"What makes you think I'll tell you that?" I sneered at him.

Sabien's father didn't know what to say, "Either way, humanity is basically wiped out, expect for Aaril of course."