Chapter 13

When I finally decided to go for a walk, I ended up in Central Park like usual. I started to feel this un-welcoming presence, a feeling I don't normally get.

A man came up behind me and said, "If it isn't little Miss. Genesis." My stomach started to form knots.

I knew exactly who it was. "What do you want Adam?" I spun around to be face-to-face with him.

"Nothing really." He smiled at me, "My, my have you grown." He started to look me up and down.

"Why are you in New York?" I took a step back from him. He would always be too close to me when we talked.

"It was calling my name darling."

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms, "Why are you really here?"

"I felt like I need to be here. Like I said, it was calling my name. I just moved here. How old are you now?"

"That's none of your concern."

"Let's see.. Your birthday falls on August second, which was yesterday. You're now eighteen, aren't you? I've been waiting for this moment for a long time."

"You're a creep."

"Come on baby, you're now old enough for me."

"No. You're way too old for me."

"I'm twenty six, that's only eight years older than you."

"Do you think I'm that stupid? I know who you were and I know about your ability. Almost four hundred years ago you were Takezo Kensei, a hero. And now you're just some creepy asshole."

"And who told you all of this?"

"My aunt."

"Your aunt is nothing but a lying bitch."

"I also got word from Hiro Nakamura that you were back.. Does his name ring a bell?"

"Hiro Nakamura is the real asshole here. He stole my princess to be from me."

"So you admit you were Kensei?"

"Maybe so."

"Okay I'm sorry Hiro stole your princess from you, but I'm not going to be your replacement."

"It's not a replacement if it happened over three hundred years ago."

"I'm not even ready to move on, okay?"

He gave me a puzzled look, "What happened?"