One More

"So, was it so horrible spending Thanksgiving in Toronto?" Morgan asks as he closes my apartment door behind him.

"I guess not," I drawl as I place my purse on a bar stool and remove my coat.

We had just gotten back from Naz's place for a Thanksgiving dinner. Half of the team was there and despite not being home with my own family, this family here welcomed me and for some reason, they want me to be a part of it. Although the boys had a game tomorrow evening against New Jersey, so they had pouted most of the afternoon as those of us who didn't have a game were shoveling more than necessary down our throats.

Morgan ropes me into his arms and places a gentle kiss on my lips. It's a sweet kiss, a rare kiss for us, usually it's rough enough to make my lips swell and bruise but this seems even more intoxicating. I breathe him in, taste him on my tongue and feel him with my hands and body. I roam my hands over his backside and squeeze and he laughs against my mouth.

"You just had to ruin the mood, didn't you?" He asks, humor dancing in his clear blue eyes.

"Ruin it?" I ask sarcastically. "I wouldn't do that."

He chuckles and presses another quick his to my forehead but his eyes find the boxes stacked against the wall behind me. "Are you positive you have to move?" He asks with a frown.

Confused, I look around before spying the boxes. "Yes, I have to move. This isn't my condo and I while I make good money doing what I do, it's not enough to actually afford the rent. My friends grandparents were giving me a pretty decent discount, a whopping zero amount on those bills to be exact. But I've treaded in their space long enough." I say, giving him a reassuring smile and squeezing his backside once more before retreating to said boxes.

"I don't like it," Morgan pouts and I have to stop myself from giggling at the grumpy expression on his face.

"Why? Because your booty call won't be across the hall anymore?" I snicker at him and he relents a small smile. His eyes trailing over me hungrily but I waggle a finger at him. "No. I need to pack and you need to keep your pants on."

His suggestive smirk fades into a scowl but he begrudgingly comes to my side to help.

"It will just take some getting used to, not seeing you every night and every morning and all day..." he says and a little twinge of sadness pulls at me.

"I know," I say softly as I finish putting together my next box for shoes. "But we'll get used to it. It might even be better, who knows? Maybe all the pent up feelings from when we are apart will make our time together even more special." I lean up on my tip-toes and kiss his cheek before starting down the hall with a stack of empty boxes that I'm hoping is enough for my shoe collection.

"But this is the place that I realized I was in love with you," Morgan says softly behind me but I know I was meant to hear. I freeze in my steps, the empty boxes tumbling to the ground. We hadn't spoken the word out loud and I hadn't expected to hear it for months.

I turn around slowly, keeping my expression carefully neutral as I face the boy that I truly love. I had known it since that first night, when he fed me pizza that this was the boy that I would fall in love with and marry and have a family with. I just hadn't thought on it, too guilty for having a boyfriend at the time and too confused about my attraction to him.

I inspect his expression carefully, unlike me, his eyes aren't guarded and his body screams sincerity. He takes a hesitant step towards me, unable to gauge my reaction I'm sure.

"I do, you know," he says quietly, his hands going into the front pockets of his pants. "I knew from the moment I saw you on that plane. So sassy and defiant to Mason, not caring the least about anyone else on the plane. I wanted to know you, I wanted to learn about you and be around you. It sounds cheesy and stupid, but I can't explain it any other way. I was pulled to you and that moment the elevator opened and you stood there with a bag of Chinese food and your too big of hoodie, I knew I was screwed. So screwed."

By now he's closed a majority of the gap between us, looking self-conscious and nervous because I hadn't said a word.

"I didn't even bother trying to stay away from you. I didn't want to. So, I accepted my fate as the best friend in the beginning, but one night, right before I left, I stopped at the door to say something to you but you weren't looking at me. Instead, you had that scarf pressed against your nose and you breathed in so deeply... I completely fell in love with you."

I feel my eyes heat up as I strain to keep my face composed but I was a vessel of complete molten mush. My heart beating so hard in my chest that I thought it break through. He's a foot from me now, staring down with such dark eyes that I can't even blink. Slowly, his hand reaches out, gently resting his palm over my heart and I swear he hears it more than he feels it.

"I know you love me, Y/N," he whispers, his head tilting downward just slightly and my lips part. "But I want to hear you say it."

I place my hand over his, holding it in place as I stare at the boy that I know would never, ever hurt me. Ever.

"I love you, Morgan," I say clearly, without a single crack in my voice despite the tears in my eyes. "I have for a long time."

His lips are on mine before I can say another word, but I didn't have any more to say. I wrap my arms firmly around his neck and melt into him.

We stand like that for minutes, hours, maybe even days, I can't tell. I feel his heart hammering against mine and I never want to be anywhere else. Except maybe one place. My back hits the mattress gently and Morgan's large body covers mine. We take our time and let our kisses and touches linger. And when we finish, we get right back to packing and taping.

I only really used the main rooms of the apartment but I peek into all the rooms before turning in for the night. My moving truck will be here bright and early in the morning to move me a little farther downtown. Though I won't be without a hockey player as a neighbor, which I was informed of by a suggestive smirk on Mitch's face as he told me, though his eyes were on Morgan.

Flipping on the light into the office, I take a step in and do a keep sweep with my eyes of the place. I start to back out when I spot the vase on one of the desks. I debate a moment whether to go in or leave it. Morgan is still trying to fit all my shoes into the boxes so I slink in and approach the long dried up flowers.

I laugh softly to myself as I pick up the expensive vase. I had come full circle since the night I put these in here, unable to stare at them because of the lame apology behind it. I should have known then, but I was blind. But I'm not anymore. I take the vase and sweep the brown, crispy remains of the flowers into it before retreating out of the door with a soft click.

-

"Y/N?" Morgan calls down the hallway and I head to the bedroom.

"Yeah?" I answer, putting the clothes I plan on wearing tomorrow on the chair beside the door and look up.

Morgan is holding those heels from the night at the club. The night that I couldn't take them off myself. My face blushes deep red and I glance from the shoes to Morgan's devilish grin as he dangles the strappy deathtrap from his fingers.

"I think we should make one more memory in this place before you go."