Part Seventeen

I knock on his door precisely at ten.

"It's open!" I hear a muffled yell and I hesitantly make my way inside, still a little unnerved about last night. All the curtains are still drawn and I blink a few times before my eyes adjust to the dim light.

"Good morning," Morgan says strolling into the living room. I look up to respond but the words get caught in my throat as he comes into the light from the kitchen and I see that his chest is still bare.

"Uh, yeah, good- uh," I stammer, quickly looking to the right of him to avoid any of his naked chest though it pains me to do so.

I spent the entire night wondering if Morgan was going to bring up the events that took place down in the garage. And then I spent my additional morning going over every possible situation that would come of it and my response to everything he could possibly say.

Instead, he's quiet. I risk taking a peek at him and see the faint smirk as he quickly turns his head away from me. That little shit tried to fluster me, and it worked! I splutter silently, trying to think of a single intelligent thing to say and come up with nothing so I scowl at his muscular back instead.

"Ready for your first long road trip?"

This time I really do splutter out loud. Is he actually going to pretend I didn't see him with his latest conquest last night?

"Ecstatic," I say, putting as much sarcasm in the one word as I can.

Morgan raises his eyebrows at me as he rounds the counter to the kitchen. "I would think you would be considering you're seeing your boyfriend," he says and I flush. I hadn't thought about that.

"Well, of course I'm excited to see him," I huff, pulling my jacket tighter against me.

Morgan holds my gaze for a fraction too long before busying himself with a shake to bring for the ride.

"I'll do that," I say stepping forward, "you go get dressed."

My hand brushes his as I grab the milk container out his grasp and I flinch at the tingle that spreads up my fingertips. Morgan inhales sharply and I'm aware of just how close our bodies are. I watch as his pupils dilate farther in the already dim light and my lungs squeeze knocking the air out of me.

I swallow hard in my throat, unable to look away and Morgan doesn't either. His face only inches from mine. Once again noticing the specs of green in the middle of blue and I feel a small smile trying to force its way out.

"What?" Morgan asks softly, his eyes flicking down to my mouth.

I shake my head, biting down on my bottom lip.

"Sure you can make my shake right?" He asks with the same low tone and it's honestly the sexiest voice I've ever heard.

"I've watched you make it a hundred times, I think I can handle it," I reply sweetly, wishing that he would just go put a shirt on so my eyes would stop trying to betray me.

Morgan eyes me a second more and then laughs under his breath, the tension between us still somehow rising. With a slight shake of his head, he turns and saunters back to his bedroom and I watch his retreating back letting out the breath I'd been holding as quietly as I can.

Morgan

Less than ten minutes later, I'm carrying mine and Y/N's bags towards my car. Y/N is half a step in front of me, my shake that she had somehow managed to make better than I usually do in one hand, and her coffee in the other.