Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The blackness that enveloped her felt warm. Eliza never knew darkness could feel warm and comfortable, inviting nearly. What kind of world was she in? Maybe it was heaven...or hell.

Green eyes fluttered open and met the ceiling above, the colour of dandelions. They were wide and held surprise and shock. Where was she? What was she doing here? Wasn't she outside just a few moments ago?

"Ah! You're awake!" A medium levelled guy's voice chirped. It sounded close to her. She suspected that he was near her and that he was the one responsible to bringing her here.

Eliza inhaled and slowly sat up, rising and leaning against the wall, the covers sliding slightly. She had clothes on, not to worry. She could feel them when the covers slid down. Eliza's eyes looked ahead of her, seeing an old man, the size and height of a 7 year old. He had a whip of greyish brown hair that defied gravity. He wore a uniform, black and outlined with silver; his hands brought together and covered by the sleeves. This old man had thick black makeup around his eyes and earrings in his pointed ears. They were somewhat similar to a vampire's. 

She looked to her right. There was a man there, he looked about her age, with a mop of flaming red hair that was straight and spiked. He wore a bandanna around his head, leaving only a few bits of his hair sticking out between his eyes and the sides of his face whilst the rest stuck up at the back. He wore a black eye patch that covered his right eye. She noticed that his eyes were a lighter shade of green than hers. He was also wearing the same uniform that the old man was wearing. 

Eliza wondered; were they related? They didn't look to be it. Other than that, she wanted her questions to be answered. Her green eyes looked straight at the guy with the bandanna. He was the one that had noticed when she was awake. 

"Who are you?" Caution crept in her voice, on guard. She didn't know if they were trustworthy or not. They may as well be akuma for all she cared. Her eyes shifted from the young man to the old man, waiting for them to speak.

"We're exorcists from the Black Order. You can call me Lavi." The same voice that she had heard first up spoke again, making her emerald coloured orbs to shift back to the younger guy. He was pointing to the old man with his thumb, a light grin on his face. "Over there is the old man."

The long black haired female didn't answer, merely just staring at the two of them as if they were inanimate objects, which they weren't. 

"Where am I?" She half asked half demanded.

"You are in the room we rented from the inn. We found you lying outside and bleeding from an akuma wound." The old man said. Eliza turned to look at him, tearing her eyes away from the younger male. "We also addressed your wounds." That being said, the lone female removed the covers and looked down at her legs. Seeing that they were indeed wrapped in the white bandage that was used in medical clinics, she covered them back with the warmth.

"Why are you exorcists here, anyway? Why did you save me?" Eliza asked. She wanted to know why they had done what they had done. It was strange; take a stranger off from the streets and nurse them back to health. She may have been a criminal or murderer for all that mattered.

"We sensed Innocence." Lavi answered. He picked up something from the bedside table that he sat next to, holding it in his hands. It was small and the shape of a black hammer with a metal spike ball that was connected by a thick metal chain. It made a small 'tink' noise when being handled.

Upon hearing that familiar sound, Eliza's head whipped around at alarming speed, right at the person who called himself Lavi. He held her weapon in his hand; which had been made smaller since she wasn't using it, so that it would be good for storage.