Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Lavi groaned. His throat was parched, he was sweating bullets, and he silently cursed Germany’s weather.

“WHY IS IT SO DAMN HOT?!!” He shouted to the sky, fake tears running down his cheeks.

“Lavi-chan, don’t waste your tears for nothing~!” Allen placed a hand to his heart, his expression turning into one that couldn’t stand to see a loved one hurt. His free hand reached for Lavi’s face, before caressing it.

“Oi! If you guys want to do that, then it’s fine, but do it when you get a room!” Eliza appeared in between the two exorcists, pushing them apart. They pouted; annoyed that she’d destroyed their fun.

It was a really hot day, with melting trees and scorching grounds.

“How are we supposed to do our mission now?” The red head kept groaning.

“Oh, just shut up for now. Didn’t it say in the files that the trees provided really good shade? Get a move on and you’ll reach it in no time.” Eliza glared down at the red head.

Lavi stared back at the shorter girl and cocked his head to the side. She really wasn’t that scary anymore when she glared, but that may just be him.

Eliza raised a brow as he stared, but payed it no heed, turning around and marching on. Lenalee sweat-dropped; her fellow exorcists were really weird sometimes.

~

“Oh! There it is!” Lavi and Allen simultaneously pointed into the distance where a huge forest of trees were, high fiving each other at how they found it at the same time. That meant that they—

“HERE WE COME, RELAXATION!!” They bolted off into the direction of the trees, leaving the girls behind.

They exchanged a look before running after them and entering the forest.

Eliza’s caught sight of an old and worn sign, placed behind ferns. She glanced at Lenalee, she was walking now, but slowly. Eliza could catch up easily. She decided to see what the sign said, pushing the leaves out of the way before seeing thick red writing on the wood.

BEWARE OF THE MONSTERS.

Monsters? Eliza sighed, this sign must be really old – I’m pretty sure that everyone knows that these monsters are probably only akuma.

Eliza quickly went off after Lenalee, not noticing that the thick red writing had peeled off, revealing the real words written behind.

THEY WILL NOT FORGIVE.

~

“Lavi? Allen?” Lenalee called, jumping over low branches and ducking over high ones. She heard the rushing of water and her eyes widened. It was the sound of a waterfall. Quickly, she went into the small clearing and found that Allen and Lavi were already there, soaking in the cool water.

“Hey – Lenalee, wait up!” Eliza struggled to avoid branches, often tripping and falling on her face, “Huh? Why did you stop?”

She went and stood next to Lenalee, before staring with a raised eyebrow at the two males that had taken off their shirts and pants, leaving only their undergarments.

“What the hell are you doing?” Eliza gave them a look of complete weirdness. It was a mix of all emotions, one minute a look of annoyance flashed, then the next minute it would be one of shock.

“Hey, why don’t you join us?! THE WATERS SO FREAKING AMAZING!” Allen and Lavi waved to the two girls, who had walked to the side, taking off the jacket and dipping their legs in the water to cool off.