Jay: MOMMY!!!

I quickly run in there looking for the source of the problem.

Me: What?!?!

He pointed at Kyla who was sitting on the floor looking at me. I am so confused.

Kyla: Ma-

I quickly dropped to my knees and grabbed her. I couldn't hear her and I know I'm not going crazy. I held her right in front of me.

Kyla: Mama

I squealed so loud her eyes got big. SHE SAD HER FIRST WORD!!! Jay and I were dancing around laughing. After i got tired I told him to go wash his hands for dinner. When we sat down and ate I couldn't stop smiling.

Jay: Mommy what was my first word.

Aw shit! I don't know. This was before me and Quinn.

Me: I don't know baby. I wasn't there. Daddy was. You gotta ask him when he gets home.

Just as I said that Quinn came through the door. Jay got excited all over again.

Jay: Daddy what was my first word?

Quinn: I don't know lil man

Jay: Why not daddy? Your suppose to know.

Quinn: I don't ok!

Jay got up and put his plate in the sink before leaving. I felt bad for the little guy. Quinn looks at me but I glared at him.

Quinn: What was that all about?

Me: Kyla said her first word you asshole.

I bumped pass him and headed upstairs with Ky to fix Quinn's damage.

End of Flashback

I looked down to see Jay standing there with his pack of Oreos looking at me weirdly. I smiled at him before talking.

Me: Sorry just thought of something

We continued on through the grocery store til we finally finished. As I was checking out this fine ass brother was staring at me. He was in line behind us.

Him: Excuse me

I turned around and looked at him.

Me: Yes

Him: My name is Samuel Jacobsen. I just wanted to let you know that you are very beautiful.

Me: Thank You!

We held a conversation before it was my time in line. I turned to him,

Me: It was nice to meet you Samuel

Samuel: You too. Do you think I could get your number and we could go out sometime.

I smiled at him but raised my left hand.

Me: I'm engaged

Samuel: That's alright. It doesn't mean we can't go out as friends.

Me: Oh alright

I gave him my number and I turned to leave but not before waving. In the car Jay was staring at me through the mirror.

Jay: Mommy your gonna be in trouble

Me: How? What did I do?

Jay: You talked to another man besides daddy

I chuckled at that and he smiled.